Guitarist And Drummer Wanted for Exciting Prog Rock/Metal Project

Discussion in 'Musician Classifieds' started by HarryTheVegan, Feb 13, 2013.

1. HarryTheVegan

HarryTheVegan Member

A brand new Progressive Rock/Metal project, "Novena", founded by 3 members of UK prog act "Bleeding Oath" is looking for a new guitarist and drummer to get things going.

- Must be competent and committed
    - Current Members located in Brighton and London/Essex
    - Must be financially able to support frequent rehearsals
    - Must have own equipment
    - Must be willing to learn 30 min+ of existing material

Influences/We Sound like:
    - Haken, Devin Townsend, Dream Theater, To-Mera, Meshuggah, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd, Focus, Yes.
    - Our stuff is a little outside the current "Progressive" music scene of Tech metal/djent. Its more traditional and harmonic based, etc... Although there are a few meshuggahy/tesseracty moments and stuff.

We are all around age 20, but age is not a major concern. Contact me for further information or to arrange an audition. Our previous band had a lot of publicity, being referred to publicly by Devin Townsend, Mikael Akerfeldt, Andrew WK, Dragonforce and others. We also toured the UK and supported Evile, Furyon, Haken and Aliases live. We currently have management and are looking to record our debut this year. If you want to come into an active band environment with some chilled but dedicated people, this could be for you! :D

If you are interested, please drop me an email with your name at: harry_white@hotmail.co.uk so we can discuss further.

A very brief demo of rushed quality is available at www.facebook.com/NovenaBandUK

NOTE: The vocals on the aforementioned demo are NOT of our vocalist. He wasn't available to record so I just wailed away like an injured cat! hehe.

- Harrison.

PS: Applying guitarists be advised: All songs use 7 string register. If you do not own one, it will be very difficult to make work.

2. zman5999

zman5999 Member

The link to your demo isn't working :/ Is there any way you could PM it to me? I play eight-string guitar and my brother plays drums and we might be interested :)