Guitar World's 15 reclusive guitar greats

Louis Cypher

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Joe Holmes.

The one guy that is totally off the map in spite of his band/music out there is Warren DeMartini. Also... we could use a little more Blues Saraceno. Come home, Warren and Blues.
100% agree with these 3. Love all 3 of them. Tho Warren did promise new music was coming soon in a recent GW interview.

Louis Cypher

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@Spaced Out Ace
Not enough really recording wise, Lizzy Borden album, cpl tracks on Ozzy greatest hits, Farmikos album which is awesome. I've got a cpl of live bootlegs of him with Ozzy.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Spaced Out Ace
Not enough really recording wise, Lizzy Borden album, cpl tracks on Ozzy greatest hits, Farmikos album which is awesome. I've got a cpl of live bootlegs of him with Ozzy.

And currently working on a new album according to the teasers that have been coming out

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He can play leads pretty well, but the riffs for the song are not doing it for me at all. Why does the singer remind me of someone like, I dunno, Geoff Tate doing a Chris Cornell impersonation?

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
GW 15 reclusive guitar greats

Awesome that the list inc Rowan Robertson, Paul DiBartolo & espcially Harry Cody
Vito is obviously on there too

Shame though that Marc Diglio isn't on there, absolute monster player

Around eight years ago I went down the Internet-rabbit-hole trying to figure out what had happened to Vito Bratta. It is a heartbreaking story. I want to believe that he kept playing guitar for himself, to at least keep his fingers nimble, just in case his fortune changes.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do you guys not realize that GW did an interview with Vito recently? He's apparently recently started picking up the guitar again and recently bought his first new guitar in quite awhile? He injured his hand and hasn't been playing a lot, but plays in small doses.

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do you guys not realize that GW did an interview with Vito recently? He's apparently recently started picking up the guitar again and recently bought his first new guitar in quite awhile? He injured his hand and hasn't been playing a lot, but plays in small doses.
I haven’t paid attention to GW since it was relevant (e.g, a couple of decades ago). :lol:

Louis Cypher

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I read that interview, cool to hear from him but sad too. He has also been taking care of his parents with their serious health issues. He says something along the lines in the interview, what am I gonna do, put my mum in a home just to go on tour again?
Real shame I love his playing, he really was, as that list says, a generational talent guitar wise. Alot like Nuno, technique and chops for days but knew how to harness them in service of the song rather than mindless wankery.

Currently giving Britny Fox a listen, never gave em a chance b4, not bad actually.

And currently working on a new album according to the teasers that have been coming out
That is awesome news! Not seen them will have to find em. I loved the Farmikos album. Brookes Wakerman and Robert Trujillo played drums and bass on most of the tracks

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Sermo Lupi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah he has a new youtube channel up and there have been a couple videos posted around on him talking about his gear lately too

Quality teasers, reminds me of Youtube from a decade ago. Only 800 subs on the channel, too. There's so many channels run by incredible guitar players that go unnoticed like that. Jeff Kollman has less than 4500 subs despite having over 160 videos going back 13 years.

Latest posts