Guitar specs for my project

StevoMusic

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I am new to this form and would really appreciate your input. I am creating travel cases for both electric guitars and amps. As part of my design process, I want to be sure a majority of guitars and amps fit my various case sizes.

Can anyone suggest easy reference resource for the following:

1) Length and width of electric guitars by model.
2) Length, width, and depth of guitar amps by model.

I don't need to cover everything, but I want to be sure I am covering a majority of stuff out there.

Thank You!

Stevo

CerealKiller

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know that a single resource with that exists, but the dimensions for amps can usually be found on the manufacturers' websites.
I think you'll have to search manually or bring a measuring tape to a guitar store for guitar dimensions.

StevoMusic

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know that a single resource with that exists, but the dimensions for amps can usually be found on the manufacturers' websites.
I think you'll have to search manually or bring a measuring tape to a guitar store for guitar dimensions.

StevoMusic

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment. I think you are probably right. So it’s going to take some time. I think a good place to start is to find a list of the most popular guitars and look at the dimensions for those. At least I would know I am covering a good portion of what is out there. Any suggestions on where to get a list? Other alternative is to go to the biggest Guitar Center I can find and just start measuring!

Thanks!