Grindcore, anybody? (SD2.0, X3L, Hypnotoad?)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Opion, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Opion

Opion Sir Mattafer

Hey all, never posted any of my songs in here (mostly because I'm too busy trying to improve my mix like most of the forum!). Me and my buddy Josh, both fans of crazy over-the-top grindcore, love to throw ideas back and forth for grindcore song samples, and the other day this idea came into conversation. Being that I've come along with my own music making I took 15 minutes out of my studying time to see what I could come up with and...well. You be the judge. :lol: Might re-record this with some actual bass, enhanced drums and such.

<object width="100%" height="81">
    EDIT: So the soundcloud player totally hates me for some reason, </object>check out this link to hear the track! The Hypnotoad by Opion on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Comments, criticisms and what not are welcome on my other stuff! I really wish I wasn't so preoccupied with school and work so that I could dedicate more time to music but at least I'm at a point where I can lay the ideas down as they come. Thanks for listening! :)

Variant and Soubi7string like this.
  2. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Midget

sounds pretty sweet dude, almost too clean for grindcore :lol:

3. Enselmis

Enselmis SS.org Regular

Hypnotoad Hypnotoad Hypnotoad Hypnotoad Hypnotoad Hypnotoad Hypnotoad Hypnotoad Hypnotoad Hypnotoad Hypnotoad Hypnotoad...

Whoa.

Only thing I miss is the Napalm Death style cut time bit.

If you're into the whole grindcore-but-cleaner thing, you should check out Converge or The Endless Blockade.

4. Monsterhulk

Monsterhulk Well-Known Member

5. Opion

Opion Sir Mattafer

Thanks for listening guys! Interesting you'd say it was too clean, I feel it's pretty messy :lol: My recording tone/drum mix is more oriented towards my progressive/groovy style which has taken forever to master...yay for impulses :)

Pretty soon I'll acquire a mic and a preamp so that I might record vocals...you might see this song again in my project somewhere down the road. And I'll take into consideration the 'cleanliness' :yesway: Cheers!

6. The Omega Experiment

The Omega Experiment SS.org Regular

Definitely needs some dirty bass. If you get a fat distorted bottom end, or even run it through a guitar sim...it'll sound balls. The right high mids could make a difference too...esp. if you want to dirty it up a bit and make it more true to grindcore ala Nasum or something.

7. Variant

Variant Banned

Anything that says grindcore + hypnotoad is instant win. :agreed:

Agreed on dirty ass bass... I use a ugly fuickin' bass snyth sound (even though I own a bass :lol:). Plus, of course, it needs some frantic ass vocals. I'd loop the "hypnotoad sound in the background of the song part as well, to make it even more noisy. :yesway:

8. Opion

Opion Sir Mattafer

@ Omega Experiment - Oh yeah, that's something I've had trouble with in the past is a bass tone that doesn't overpower the guitars. Most likely will fuck with this track tonight :yesway:

@ Variant - Yeah! I was thinking the same thing, it needs a little bit more craziness going on in the background. Ooooh I'm gonna have fun with this later...

9. danieluber1337

danieluber1337 ☻☺☻☼☺☻☺

I can't hear what the guitars are doing. Lol.