Great looking amp heads?

laxu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yea, I tried one out locally. White/cream tolex, so even more my thing, but I couldn't get a really inspiring sound out of it. I doubted myself so I actually went back and tried it again a month later, but still just didn't do it for me. I'm tempted to say I would like it better if I tried it one more time...
If it doesn't do it for you the first time, it's probably not the right amp.

View attachment 107258

Edit: After posting this, I think this could be in either thread 🤔
The treadplate feels unnecessary but I like it otherwise.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
purplehover1.png

Never seen one irl but the one in STL Lasse Lammert has been my #1 since it came out.

audibleE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow. Not one Victory? I love this little guy. Sold my MESA TC50 to get my Super Kraken. The tone makes the TC50 sound like a shivering puppy in a corner.

VX100_34_cut_SHADOW.png

laxu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
victory-vc35@1400x1050.jpg

I like how the Victory VC35 lunchbox looks. It's a great, practical form factor. The tolexed Deluxe version looks better but I don't see it worth the price for real spring tank and tremolo. I like the digital reverb on the lunchbox a lot. The copper color is pretty unique too and looks nice in person.

I think it's a really well designed amp overall. Like a variant of an AC30 with none of the bad parts.

kreepyteach

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I used a heat gun to pull off my Mesa Boogie Steel plate, and resprayed it! Worth the effort!

Elmo Zappa

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Pics or it didn’t happen
that's the same phrase that started this whole 'necropost' lolZ... :stitch:
So, why do people get so pissed off about reviving an old post anyway? Usually there's new info to be added, and the post is still there for the whole world to see, so new info could help so many people. But, folks like to be the center of attention, and bitch about things. Never happens on the new social media platforms, but in a Forum? Look TF out, the Poindexter types get wickedly bent TF up. Like some serious origami.