Great looking amp heads?

Elmo Zappa

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, a lot of *ahem* varying tastes in this thread. I'm honestly having a hard time telling the difference between this and the Terrible Looking Amp Heads. :lol:

Well it just goes to show, that beauty [or, what is great looking] is in the eye of the beholder.
To each their own? Yes.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
mad_professor_cs40_1.jpg

Thaeon

Cosmic Question Asker
Reaction score
That is a Moss Amps Kraken. Little known boutique builder from a decade ago that recently launched a new website with SSO's favorite tag line: Coming Soon™

View attachment 107195

Beyond the artwork and LEDs (which aren't typically my speed), I dig the font a lot 😅

He's building again? He quit for a while after he had some medical issues. If that's the case, I know what my next amp is. Those things RIP.

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I've played this one. Was one of the most expensive amps you could buy back in the day. It was a cool sounding amp but not worth the money.

Yea, I tried one out locally. White/cream tolex, so even more my thing, but I couldn't get a really inspiring sound out of it. I doubted myself so I actually went back and tried it again a month later, but still just didn't do it for me. I'm tempted to say I would like it better if I tried it one more time...

Latest posts