Grassroots Explorer vs LTD explorer, Epiphone explorer?

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by venndi, Jul 9, 2016.

1. venndi

venndi SS.org Regular

2. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Yes they are good guitars, on par with the MiK LTDs. They are the "lowest" ESP brand but it is supposed to be a domestic brand only so it has QC good enough for the japanese market. Those I have played were way above 200 LTDs and as good as most edwards, they just have very limited feature sets. (Plain colors, noname pickups etc)
    They are excellent modding platforms, buy this one, dump the pickups of your choice in it and you'll have something good, provided the previous owner didn't do anything stupid. ^^

3. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

A friend of mine got an Hitsugi signature by grassroots some years ago...it was possibly the lowest quality guitar 've seen in my life. There were glue cuticles coming out of frets, and wood piedes dancing in the pot cavity. Couldnt stay in tune for more than 10 minutes.

4. venndi

venndi SS.org Regular

Wow, if sya that the grassroots explorer is better than the EXP-200, then can't be bad this Grassroots, since I'm very satisfied with my EXP-200. I read, that Navigator>ESP>LTD>Grassroots are the sequence.
    I've never played on Navigator, but I do on ESP eclipse, and EC1000, and it was almost identical for me, so, If the difference is that mach between the Grassroots explorer and the EXP200, like between the ESP Eclipse and the LTD EC-1000, then is no brainer.

But sadly, Zado's opinion is much different about Grassroots.
    For that price maybe worth the risk, 180 EUR /200 USD.

5. WolleK

WolleK SS.org Regular

They can be hit (equal to MIK) or miss (much worse than a Walmart unlabeled guitar). Great for modding.

6. Spicypickles

Spicypickles Sweeps & Mops

I've seen 2 and they both had really soft body wood. Like, to the point you could dent it by barely pressing it with your fingernail.

7. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I used to have a grass roots horizon. It was top notch, no finish flaws, played awesome, I just hated the sh/tty floyd rose special on it which is what eventually sent it packing. You could have written Edwards on it and no one would have known the difference.