Got my lip pierced!

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
I absolutely agree. I want tats, but I don't one or two - I'd want a whole fucking sleeve. It looks absolutely fantastic, but it is a LOT of work. I know what I want done for one tattoo, and that took me about a year to be certain I didn't hate it now. :lol: But a sleeve has to have a low more conceptual work. I don;'t want one big tattoo...I want lots of interweaving ones.
Man, my arms isn't finished, needs another 8 hours of work to it before i can think of starting on the next one, but i love it, as long as it all flows and isn't patchwork, it's all good!

As for tattooing other peoples names on you, I think its even more stupid than tattooing 'Chicken Supreme' in botchy chinese that you think is 'beautiful wings' or whatever. I don't understand why people would want someone else's name on them. If you HAD to do it, I'd rather people wrapped it up in symbolism. My tattooist friend has a series of three dots on his wrist for his ex, and another set of dots behind each of his ears for his parents. They are just dots, but they mean something to him. And if people think "why do that? Then no one can see what they mean" then they are completely missing the point. Tattoos are all about meaning and stories, and I can't stand people who won;t see that. :shrug:
Names, or slogans, no way. I mean, just think of all the hXc kids now working in maccy D's with vegan tattooed across their backs. Ideals change.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
i think piercings are a little silly, same with tatoos, you guys ever hear george carlin talking about tatoos? i agree with him, "your a badass when you have a PICTURE of barb wire on your arm", but hey, if you like it cool. its better than glamming up with make up or fingernail polish.

personally, i dont think theres anything more metal than looking normal,

i agree with wes225, and i dont think that just because someone doesnt think its awesome to do things like this, they should be neg repped, someone told him to be more mature, to whoever wrote that, i guess its more mature to fill your head with ink and metal?

anyway, just my opinion

ZeroSignal

Appreciates Kwolity
Contributor
Reaction score
i think piercings are a little silly, same with tatoos, you guys ever hear george carlin talking about tatoos? i agree with him, "your a badass when you have a PICTURE of barb wire on your arm", but hey, if you like it cool. its better than glamming up with make up or fingernail polish.

i agree with wes225, and i dont think that just because someone doesnt think its awesome to do things like this, they should be neg repped, someone told him to be more mature, to whoever wrote that, i guess its more mature to fill your head with ink and metal?

anyway, just my opinion

+1 :agreed: Don't be a hater. ;)

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score

While I partially agree with you (about being individual without needing tattoos, etc.), but wes225 was neg-repped because he came off as a rude prick, rather than somebody who intelligently disagrees like what you did.

Ibanezplayer552

Basically, I'm gay.
Reaction score
sorry for being dumb but i just strted to get into this site an using it more, but how the FUCK do u post a nu bulletin?? i wanna show some pik of my guitar i just added shit to it. thanks

ukfswmart

Far too opinionated
Reaction score
personally, i dont think theres anything more metal than looking normal

There's that word again :ugh:

I didn't get any of my piercings to follow any trends, or to try to look cool, or to fit in with any particular subculture. I got them because I think they look good; some of them have a deeper level of reasoning for wanting them done. Same with tattoos; I don't think there's anything wrong with them at all if there's a degree of sentimentality or a symbolic nature to the ink, which is why any tattoos I get will have a deep level of personal meaning behind them

It's the same way with growing our hair and wearing loads of black, man; it's a method of expression, albeit a more personal one if done for the right reasons. Sure, side lip piercings are the 'scene' thing to do, but I wouldn't tar everyone with the same brush because of your own preconceptions :wavey:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, that word sucks.

define normal? once you're normal, you're different then anyone else - normalcy can't be achieved.

I got it done because it symbolizes a step forward, that i can change, that i can do something if i want to do it, and it's for me and no one else. i dont give a shit if someone thinks it's tring to be emo or trying to fit in with a scene - i got it done for my own reasons. if someone can't respect that, fuck 'em.

It's also a self-esteem boost. I feel good right now, and that i will be able to handle most (if not all) of whatever's thrown at me. I feel free of the constraints i placed upon myself for the last few years. this piercing makes me feel happy :)

i've spent a lot of years bending over backwards for other people, and it's time to start doing what i love, even if it's not necessarily not what's expected of me. I have the support of friends and family, which is even better.

"times they are a changin'"

the reason wes got neg rep'd (as far as i can tell) is because he completely missed the point of why this was done.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
There's that word again :ugh:

I didn't get any of my piercings to follow any trends, or to try to look cool, or to fit in with any particular subculture. I got them because I think they look good; some of them have a deeper level of reasoning for wanting them done. Same with tattoos; I don't think there's anything wrong with them at all if there's a degree of sentimentality or a symbolic nature to the ink, which is why any tattoos I get will have a deep level of personal meaning behind them

It's the same way with growing our hair and wearing loads of black, man; it's a method of expression, albeit a more personal one if done for the right reasons. Sure, side lip piercings are the 'scene' thing to do, but I wouldn't tar everyone with the same brush because of your own preconceptions :wavey:

:agreed: I'm 31, I doubt I will ever look cool and I'm beyond following trends, I'm too old to understand them or keep up with them :lol: I've always wanted a tattoo but never to be cool, the place I want one it will be covered most of the time anyway. I think tattoos well planned and well executed look awesome and I think a good tattoo is one that is personal, sort of the soul bleeds out of the skin type of thing.

I understand that there are a number of people who get tatts or piercings just because it is the current trend and I think the idea of scarring your body just to be cool is ridiculous (especially all the young people who are stretching their ears because everyone else is doing it). But as the OP expressed for him it was a personal thing and there are a few of us that do it as a personal expression.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can pierce scar tissue though man, it's just a lot tougher than normal tissue

:agreed:

Yep, you can pierce scar tissue, i had my eyebrow redone like that. was fine.

Me too, actually. It was fine, but it just hurt a little more the second time.

While I partially agree with you (about being individual without needing tattoos, etc.), but wes225 was neg-repped because he came off as a rude prick, rather than somebody who intelligently disagrees like what you did.

:agreed: It wasn't that he didn't like it. It was his "OMG POSEUR" sentiment.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
the reason wes got neg rep'd (as far as i can tell) is because he completely missed the point of why this was done.

:agreed:

It's one thing to say you don't like something, but to say you look stupid is completely uncalled for.

Glad you like your piercing, pics once you get a hoop in it! :yesway:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
oh you know it man.

debating being in a rush and going in on friday for the hoop of glory..

i almost want a black one. but will get surgical steel like i should lol. i'll leave the emo-black-lip-ring to stitch :lol:

:wub:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, how about saving your negative-ass "opinions" for a thread where somebody isn't just trying to share something that makes them happy, m'kay? It's shitting all over Budda, who ain't done shit to you opinionated assholes. :D

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
oh you know it man.

debating being in a rush and going in on friday for the hoop of glory..

i almost want a black one. but will get surgical steel like i should lol. i'll leave the emo-black-lip-ring to stitch :lol:

I second that. Surgical steel always looks better than colored ones IMO. Doesn't get more metal than that (zing!)

I wouldn't rush getting it though. May as well let your piercing hole heal fully and properly, so you don't accidentally get an infection or something. That wouldn't be fun...

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't know people here would dig a piercing thread :scratch:

I've got both my ears stretched to 00G and got my bridge pierced about a month ago.

I used to have snakebites but they were a bit crooked and I took 'em out, I'm fine with my stretched ears and bridge piercing for now.

Anyways, congrats :yesway:

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't know people here would dig a piercing thread :scratch:

I've got both my ears stretched to 00G and got my bridge pierced about a month ago.

I used to have snakebites but they were a bit crooked and I took 'em out, I'm fine with my stretched ears and bridge piercing for now.

Anyways, congrats :yesway:

Not into stretched lobes, but bridge piercings are cool :metal:

What are snakebites? :scratch:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
chris, imagine this: the pic of me, but with another stud at the opposite side. a lot of kids get 'em these days.

i think semi-stretch lobes are cool, but i feel bad for the dudes when they dont want 'em anymore.

part of the reason i want the hoop sooner is because of the nice little pit being dug into the inside of my lip lol. im worried it'll grow over the bar somehow. with the hoop, i wont have to worry about that. same maintenance and everything, just it'll be Done.

laura skipped the bar entirely, stitch got the bar then waited for the hoop... i'll be the inbetween dude lol