Got my C7 blakjack

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by AARRGGHHH, Feb 20, 2007.

1. olsta

olsta SS.org Regular

something with a mahogany body and rosewood f/b, thinking of a custom.
    suggestions?

2. metalfiend666

metalfiend666 - Forum MVP

Nice buy! Mind telling us what you paid for it?

3. AARRGGHHH

AARRGGHHH Fretboard Wizzard

Yeah it's a great guitar, the Jb sounds really good with my amp, it's quite agressive and punchy, it help to tighten up the low end.

I got it from soundcontrol in birmingham. They sshow the list price as £550, it was discounted down to £450 and they were doing a deal for 10% off all guitars till the end of feb or something, so I paid £405 for it.
    (I don't work for soundcontrol)

I did actually see one on ebay not long ago with a buy it now for £350. didn't have enough money for it though otherwise i would have jumped on that.
    Bit of a bastard.

4. metalfiend666

Yeah, they tend to go for about £350 second hand. I like that as I won't loose money on mine when I sell it. I know a guy who works at the Soho Soundhouse, so I got mine for £350 with case back in December. Sadly I'll be selling it next month as I need the money for my KXK, but I knew that when I bought it. I just didn't expect to get as attached to it as I am, they really are as good as everyone says they are. Definitely one of the best new buys out there right now.

5. AARRGGHHH

AARRGGHHH Fretboard Wizzard

That's a good deal!
    Didn't get a case with mine unfortunatly, they did give me a softcase but i'll probably never use that, I don't trust them for keeping my guitar safe.
    Shame you can't keep hold of it, i'm really enjoying mine. I was a little wary about the neck being painted and being quite a bit thicker than the neck on my Ibanez, but after playing it for a bit it feels really comfortable and really easy to play.

Quite pleased with the price, at least if I do decide to sell it down the line I shouldn't lose much on it. Not that I can foresee myself selling it, this ones a keeper I think.

Just gotta get round to doing something interesting with my RG7. I was thinking about making it tiedye, doing it by sticking material to the body and glossing over like the floral jem. Could be good fun.

6. metalfiend666

Well it's actually a gig bag, but a really thickly padded one. I'll miss the guitar, but I knew the deal when I bought it.

The necks are big and chunky if you're used to Ibanez, but they're slimmer than the Schecter's of old and rather comfy.

The tie dye RG sounds interesting.

7. Ancestor

Ancestor Contributor

It's a good guitar. I miss the one I used to have.