Good 7-String Bridge Pick-up to Pair w/ a Sustainiac Stealth Pro?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by ElRay, Nov 6, 2021.

1. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

I'm very, very, very tempted to get a 7-String Sustainiac Stealth Pro. Any recommendations for a good sounding Bridge Pick-Up to pair with it? I'd definitely be leaning more towards a "Cello Sounding" pick-up than a "Face Melting Feedback" pick-up. I have a CrunchLab-7 that's not being used, so that would be the default "use what I've got" solution.

2. odibrom

odibrom .

... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar come├ža...
    Any humbucker will do the job well. Read their recommendations since they say the neodimium loaded pickups don't work.

I have a D-sonic7 installed with the sustainiac and it does the job perfectly. I'd say to choose what you like best...

ElRay likes this.
  3. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

Tracking. I tend to "overplan" until the planning is actually done. The in-built neck pick-up is PAF-ish and I've heard mixed opinions about how it sounds. The question is what pairs well with it or is versatile enough on it's own that I can just ignore the neck pick-up? I'm thinking I need a bridge humbucker that has good/distinguishable series and parallel tones.
    I've dug through the site. The latest is that neodimium pickups are fine, it's just the initial ones tried were actually "split" coils (like the Lace Alumatones and noiseless single coils).
    That's good to hear. It lends support to just using the CrunchLab.

odibrom likes this.
  4. Dumple Stilzkin

Dumple Stilzkin Chungstin is my favorite element.

When you say cello sounding I think of Allan Holdsworth lead tone, maybe check out his Seymour Duncan model or the Kiesel version (they made a short lived Holdsworth 7 string). Kiesel might still have some of the 7 string pickups on hand.

ElRay likes this.