Gojira

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by MetalheadMC, Apr 7, 2015.

1. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Yea, like a plastic or synthetic guitar would have really made the message authentic?

2. Boris_VTR

Boris_VTR SS.org Regular

You do know that one of the big issue in Amazonia is companies cutting down the trees right?

3. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

You know the woods in their guitars aren't from the Amazon, right?

Boofchuck likes this.
  4. Boris_VTR

Boris_VTR SS.org Regular

No kidding.

5. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

That’s incorrect. They aren’t destroying the amazon for the wood, that’s a by product. They are mostly clearing land for agriculture and the rural expansion needed to farm it. Almost 80% is driven by cattle alone. Most of the vegetation is burnt or shredded then and there. With fluctuations in the global of to beef and grain there is noticeable drops in deforestation, in many places laws had put almost a stop to deforestation. Until recently there was a continuous decrease but the forest fires which were started maliciously and with the distraction of Covid there has been a huge increase.

Guitars made from sustainable plantations in North American and Asian wood arent to blame. The simple issue is the rise in global population and the need for cheap food. In the EU they want to cut way back on farming and import most of the food from South America. They are slowly trying to pass trade agreements that will make this happen. One was only briefly stopped cause of the forest fires in 2019 but they will try again.

6. Boris_VTR

Boris_VTR SS.org Regular

You sure about EU trying to cut back on farming and opt to import food? The moment you depend on importing food you are in disadvantage. Russia had thiss issue and they try to import less and produce more.
    Im not saying you are wrong its just that it seems strange to me.

7. mpexus

mpexus SS.org Regular

Did you type that while feasting on a succulent Burger or piece of Meat that wastes more water than it costs and also need huge amounts of grains that those animals don't even eat as their natural diet? Guess were the land to farm those grains comes from...

If you we are going to preach about something then we need to be conscious about everything we do in life as well.

8. Boris_VTR

Boris_VTR SS.org Regular

Having trouble reading? I'm not the one singing about amazon forrest.

9. mpexus

mpexus SS.org Regular

No you were the one complaining about something unrelated. Did I stroke a nerve there?

10. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/pol...-beef-deal-that-will-affect-ireland-1.3942932

The EU can't further open up foreign markets to export to without importing something back in. They've been trying for years and this deal was really pushing for it. It would put countless farms out of business across Europe because you can't compete against cheap food.

We are one of the biggest exporters of Beef in the world, its clean with very high welfare standards, exporting 85-90% of what we produce but they are trying to bring in schemes like culling 5% of herds and environmental schemes to make sure farms don't expand. In a country that can easily produce and sustain double what we are currently producing the EU are in constant talks to try and stop us in favour of cheaper South American beef. 50% of farms make a loss here and its only subsidisation that keeps them running.

It's mad there isn't more outcry about it. Europe looks good by getting its carbon footprint down by burning the Amazon.

11. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

oh fuck yeah

Ataraxia2320 and TedEH like this.
  12. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

Feels like something left over from Magma. Not a bad thing imo. Mario's drumming makes it way more interesting of a song structure wise imo. I'm not even a drummer but his riffs always make me want to pick up drumming.

13. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

All these singles are rather droll IMO. Maybe something will spark my interest in the rest of the album but not holding my breath.

14. Ataraxia2320

Ataraxia2320 SS.org Regular

That new single is great. Most I've been hyped up for a gojira release since that Sea Shepherd EP that never materialised.

sakeido likes this.
  15. nightlight

nightlight SS.org Regular

Verse sounds a bit like Bleed, just a slightly different syncopation.

Anyone else think the chorus sounds like something more metalcore/radio-friendly than Gojira would normally do?

I really like the outro though, super heavy riff there.

16. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

Gojira's been using that picking pattern for a long time, Esoteric Surgery used it and that was back in 2008. Not entirely sure if they woulda copied it from Bleed or not because they were already working on that album before Obzen came out.

Chorus does sound radio friendly. The song, to me, is both heavier and lighter than the previous tunes at the same time.. intro/verses/outro are heavier but the chorus has the mainstream sound for sure.

Ataraxia2320 likes this.
  17. nightlight

nightlight SS.org Regular

I know that they usually have that kind of feel, for example on L'enfant sauvage. But listen to the riff right after the intro, it sounds literally like Bleed, you could even juxtapose Jens Kidman signing over it.

More than the riffs, I don't like the lyrical content in the chorus. "Raise your fists"? I mean seriously, is Gojira going down that road too, ffs?

18. nickgray

nickgray SS.org Regular

They all just rip off Mustaine :lol::lol::lol:

Bdtunn likes this.
  19. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth literally just vibing

man this was almost so good but the lyrics, bruh moment. disappointing compared with their past output lyrically, up to and including Magma

cardinal likes this.
  20. MFB

MFB Banned