FS GOC Materia 2.0 (2019)

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by unadventurer, Oct 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unadventurer

unadventurer ultra lurker

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:
    I bought this guitar from Andrew Baena about two weeks ago and... It's just not for me. I just ordered a Solar so, I need to free up some cash.

Condition is a 9/10. Small ding in the fret board that does not affect playability and a small scratch in the back. Both pictured. Neither are very noticeable in person.

This is a newer style bridge and headstock hardware than came on this guitar originally which makes the tuning pretty stable. I have new teflon washers for the bridge being shipped from China, which I can fwd to you when they come. I confirmed w/ GOC that the current bridge saddles are exactly the same as these except for the teflon washers. If you've read other threads about GOC on SSO, you probably already know that these tuners are pretty hard to turn due to the large diameter. The washers are supposed to help with that and I did disassemble, clean, and lube the moving parts which as helped. For the most part, you still need to use a pick to tune at full tension.

The only other thing I can find on this guitar that needs some work is some fret buzz around the 16th fret. (specifically on the G string) It needs a little sanding/polishing and it will be fine. If you like your action high, it may not even be an issue.

If you want to hear what it sounds like, here's two videos Andrew recorded with it:

Other features/specs:
    Scale 25.5/27"
    Stainless steel ball-end frets
    Wenge fretboard
    Wenge/maple 5-piece neck
    Ash body
    Passive pickups
    Includes tools for bridge and truss rod

Modifications (if any): Just the new hardware afaik
    Accessories (hardshell case etc): GOC gig bag
    Location (City,State or City,Country): San Diego, CA
    International OK? : No pls