Goals/Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by SenorDingDong, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

Doing 220lbs deadlifts for reps now. Not super strong or anything, but still.

:feelsgoodman:

2. JP Universe

JP Universe Giggity Contributor

Off to a good start in 2013. Hitting Macros perfectly and getting good workouts in. Since my last pics from 02/12/2012 I've lost another 2% bodyfat and 1.7KG's going through the holidays. I'm at about 16% BF now. Took a pic last night and can see that I've gained a bit of muscle too :) Gotta buy some vodka and sprite zero for when I want to drink :lol:

I figure that I will continue to cut until April then bulk up until September.

3. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

Just do shots, that's what I've been doing.. Although I miss beer :lol:

Anyways my goal is to hit 85kg, started at 72.95 and am currently at 77.35 (Was 80 for a bit), been 3 inconsistent months, but really trying to hit it hard now it's the new year. Then I plan to cut back down to ~15% bf, I'd like to get back into parkour and start boxing again, going for a slimmer build, but is a bit hard as I already have a larger body style, somewhere in the middle of meso and endo.

4. avenger

avenger SS.org Regular

I have been attempting to bulk up a bit over the winter (slow and steady) looking at my weight logs I ahve risen from 161 to 172 since August 28th. Id say fairly clean gains but definitly not perfect I have lost some definition in my abs for sure but made some nice gains (for myself) in my lacking upper body.

Slow and steady.

5. Infamous Impact

Infamous Impact SS.org Regular

Has anyone set new goals lately? My new main goal now is to squat 405, that's almost 2.5x bodyweight for me.

My longest-lasting goal of the state record in the 400m has been crushed by a guy that now has the 300m national record and a clean sweep of all the long sprints.

6. Aevolve

Aevolve Yugen.

I reached something I've been trying for a long time- 160lbs lean bodyweight.
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is somewhere around a really lean 190.

I've been "working out" for years, but only seriously hit the weights in the last 3 weeks.
    My starting 5-rep maxes-
    Bench: 135lb
    Squat: 185lb
    Deadlift: 205lb

My current 5-rep (do these 5x5)
    Bench: 185lb
    Squat: 225lb
    Deadlift: 275lb

Hopefully by next summer I'll work my way up to a 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, and 4 plate deadlift.

7. Aevolve

Aevolve Yugen.

Speaking of goals, I hit a 315 deadlift for 2 reps today in the middle of my normal 5x5 heavy sets.

Coincidentally, today is also the first time I ever tore a callus. Ow. :lol:

8. Maniacal

Maniacal SS.org Regular

Currently 102.2 kilos. I have now lost a total of 9 kilos in a pretty short time. 3 or 4 more kilos and I will be where I want to be.

9. JP Universe

JP Universe Giggity Contributor

Almost 6 monthly bump :eek: how time goes quick....

Everything going to plan so far!! Been bulking since April however I've decided I've only got one more month left then I'll go back onto my cut again in July. I love being lean :lol: More focused than I ever have been in the weight room :hbang: Currently at 190 at about 15% bodyfat. Aiming for 10% bodyfat at 176 pounds by mid/late October.

How's everyone else going?

10. axxessdenied

axxessdenied Arium Addict

Just hit the gym for the first time in ages yesterday!
    Going to try and hit the cardio hard after my weight training sessions to trim off a lot of fat while trying to bulk up at the same time!
    I feel pretty great from yesterdays work out (put in 1.5 hrs for the first day), just my triceps are dead today :lol:. Just need to get a routine down and adjust how I eat a bit. I've already done a great job of cutting out a lot of sugar the last week (bye bye pop/soda).

11. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

....soooo after having a major setback the entire first half of this year, I'm now repping 220lbs deadlifts again. Gonna do my best to bulk this summer.

My bench has stalled for like 6 months though, barely changing. And it's super measly :lol:

I also need to get a tan, but my viking genes aren't helping in that derpartment.

12. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth literally just vibing

Yeah exams are a blight on my lifts, strength increase is INCREDIBLY slow and marginal atm.

Still stronger than I was at the start of the year, and I want to hit 4plate deadlifts by next summer (well on the way to 3plate at the moment).

13. saxman42

saxman42 SS.org Regular

I'm 23 years old. I've had four knee surgeries and have arthritis in my left knee. I've lost about 80 lbs in the last two years to get the weight off my knee and postpone an inevitable knee replacement.

I'm currently on the paleo diet and doing crossfit 4-5 times a week. I've lost about 8 lbs overall in the last four weeks. My goal is to lose 10 more before September.

For anyone considering the paleo diet: It's great. I have much more energy on a day to day basis and I feel much better overall. I also get to eat lost of good meat and filling meals. I've tried many diets and this is by far the most effective and the only one I can see actually sticking with long term. The first week is rough, but it's easy to follow once you survive a week without wheat. PM me if you want a few recipe ideas!

14. Furtive Glance

Furtive Glance "Millhouse, lower those eyebrows!"

Rob Riches uses the paleo diet, too, and that guy's a machine!

15. TheDivineWing22

TheDivineWing22 You've got the touch

During the winter I decided to start exercising and making some changes to my diet, nothing extremely major. I was 270 at my last Dr. Appointment in the Fall last year. I currently 238 with just some minor changes in lifestyle. Now I'm motivated to keep going and make some more changes (more exercise and reigning in my diet a little more).

16. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

i'm trying to push for 300LBS in deadlifts. currently i'm stuck on 275 with 5-6 reps. its weird how 285lbs proves to be impossible for me to lift, even an inch off the ground.
    its mostly mental, but still...interesting how the mind works.

for muslims, ramadan is coming around the corner. not looking forward to it as i know my strength will go down drastically....:-/

17. saxman42

saxman42 SS.org Regular

You should try crossfit if you can afford a gym membership. The workouts are brutal; usually 15-30 minutes of total hell but it's easier to motivate yourself when you have a class doing it with you and pushing you through it. It's a lot of fun!

18. Infamous Impact

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

19. saxman42

saxman42 SS.org Regular

I guess I missed the joke?...

20. Infamous Impact

Crossfit is looked down upon here.