GlassCloud album

lava

Gelatinous
Reaction score
I really like the clean vocals. There are some cool harmonies there. It's the screaming that drives me up the wall and totally detracts from the excellent instrumentation, IMHO. For me, the screaming/growling ruins like 80% of all metal bands coming out these days. I wish they would all just sing.

failshredder

hammer every cock
Reaction score
I only care about the song Ivy & Wine, it has The Mojo. Everything else on the record is shit. Hell, Ivy and Wine is shit, I just like it anyway.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's the whole point. I can't say I have that strong of tolerance for crabcore either. Josh just makes it work, somehow.

So standing in a certain way makes a new "genre" of music? Crabcore? Really? Okay. I'm gonna start a genre for us tall guys who stand up while playing. Giraffecore. :noway:

For all naysayers, I'd say you really need to listen to the whole album. Glass Cloud is completely different than every other band on their side of the SILYMI tour.

gunch

Riff Chugman
Reaction score
So standing in a certain way makes a new "genre" of music? Crabcore? Really? Okay. I'm gonna start a genre for us tall guys who stand up while playing. Giraffecore. :noway:

For all naysayers, I'd say you really need to listen to the whole album. Glass Cloud is completely different than every other band on their side of the SILYMI tour.

Where have you been, dude? Crabcore has been thrown around here and elsewhere as a joke for years.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Yea, I'll agree that Josh totally makes this band and is the sole reason I listened to the album in the first place. When I first heard White Flag back when they released it, the vocals were indeed a turn off. After picking up the record and listening to it a bunch, I changed my mind about them. I'm not saying they're awesome all the time, but the dude definitely shines at times. The lyrical content could be better, or more diverse I guess.

I can't really see how this record could be considered uninspired, but to each his own I guess. Josh is a great song writer, and all in all it's a solid release, but it's still no Danza.

mountainjam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gotta say I gave glass cloud a random chance on rhapsody the other day and was quite fucken blown away. Def gonna order this one. Absolutely trumps the new periphery album imo.

Panacea224

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really like Ivy and Wine and I'm listening to If He Dies, He Dies as I'm writing this comment and I am enjoying it as well. I can see why some people say it's warped tour ready, it does have some of that in it but overall I don't think it doesn't fit that description.

Also, the ending to If He Dies, He Dies is ridiculously heavy!

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
Got my copy a few days ago, spinning it non stop.. I really like this, at times it reminds me a bit of Razor Crusade. All Along is probably my favourite track right now. The heavy parts are so goddamn crushing \m/

Nykur_Myrkvi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Loving this album! Josh Travis is a beast!

I was wondering though...two questions:

1. I read a review somewhere that stated this was recorded with 9 string guitars while I thought it only had 8 string, can anyone clarify?

2. Does anyone know if the bass was tuned down an octave as Josh did with Danza III or if it's in the same range as the guitar?

tbb529

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Loving this album! Josh Travis is a beast!

I was wondering though...two questions:

1. I read a review somewhere that stated this was recorded with 9 string guitars while I thought it only had 8 string, can anyone clarify?

2. Does anyone know if the bass was tuned down an octave as Josh did with Danza III or if it's in the same range as the guitar?

When the guitars are tuned to F#, the bass is an octave below, but when he's playing his other guitars (to a D below the F#), the bassist is playing the same notes. Saw them live and talked to their bassist about it.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
I wanted to like the album, and there are some really cool parts, but as a whole, I just can't get into it.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It was recorded with an 8, one track left and one track right. I was floored when he told me the amp model (Axe FX) and no, I can't/won't tell you.

Nykur_Myrkvi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It was recorded with an 8, one track left and one track right. I was floored when he told me the amp model (Axe FX) and no, I can't/won't tell you.
I don't mean this in an offensive way to you but:

I keep seeing people posting about knowing something about someone or some band that they can't tell others but are still posting about it and it reminds me of "I feel so down" "Why?" "DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT IT!" Facebook posts.

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
I get major Daryl Palumbo vibes though. People seem to hate on Daryl too for his slidey vowel inflections, I sort of like it.

People who hate on Daryl Palumbo need to die a deadly death. Glassjaw is one of my favorite bands, and his lyrics coupled with his delivery fills me with more emotion than a really emotional thing.

:mad:

on topic, I dig the tunez.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't mean this in an offensive way to you but:

I keep seeing people posting about knowing something about someone or some band that they can't tell others but are still posting about it and it reminds me of "I feel so down" "Why?" "DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT IT!" Facebook posts.

None taken. :lol:

I should probably be a bit more tactful about posting about things like that. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. :yesway: