GibsonTV's Icons: Jerry Cantrell

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Jul 9, 2020.

1. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

2. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

your front yard, staring into your window
    Oh shit that’s a long video! Have to watch it later.

3. BenjaminW

BenjaminW SS.org Regular

I saw the Tony Iommi episode that Gibson did of this series. They remind me a lot of the String Theory videos that Ernie Ball makes

4. InHiding

InHiding SS.org Regular

If you listen to that story it's quite clear (imo) that a lot of his success is due to being born into the right family and having the right circumstances. I do not mean to cast a negative shadow on the person but I do not really think a strong separation between the person and his environment is even really a good way to think about things in general.

5. fps

fps Kit

Lots of luck in life, always is. Lots of people are born into the "right family" and "right circumstances" and have accomplished nothing.

Love Jerry Cantrell, looking forward to watching the whole thing.

6. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

awesome!

I've been on a huge alice in chains/jerry cantrell kick for the last 3 weeks. To this day Jerry Cantrell's probably had the best live sound I've ever heard. It's just monstrous. He's a big vocal influence too for me. Listening him talk about Layne encouraging him to sing made me less afraid to try etc...I still suck though lol

fps likes this.
  7. fps

fps Kit

Yeah the band sounded as good as/ better than record both times I’ve seen them (with Duvall, was too young for the first time around). When they played at Download they were after Mastodon, whose sound and vocals were really quite dicey, and it was a masterclass in blowing away a festival crowd.

8. RevDrucifer

RevDrucifer SS.org Regular

I'm not sure I'd contribute his success to just his upbringing. His upbringing lead him to fall in with the rest of the AIC guys and who knows if they would have had the same success with a different drummer or vocalist. I think AIC as a band is what lead to his success, more so than his childhood.