Gibson Should Buy B.C. Rich

nickgray

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Huh, a wraparound with saddle height adjustments. Pretty neat. I always wondered why TOM bridges with individual saddle height adjustment are pretty exotic, it doesn't seem like a hard thing to implement.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I never hear complaints about modern epiphones so why cant Gibson build overseas BC Richs at sub $1200 and more spendy ones here. Over all I think the idea makes sense for them to buy them

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Huh, a wraparound with saddle height adjustments. Pretty neat. I always wondered why TOM bridges with individual saddle height adjustment are pretty exotic, it doesn't seem like a hard thing to implement.

The old "Quad" bridges. It's more of a Fender hardtail mounted on two posts than a TOM.

They were everywhere in the 80's. A lot of folks put them on Gibsons and similar.

nickgray

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The old "Quad" bridges. It's more of a Fender hardtail mounted on two posts than a TOM.

Yeah, googled the name, and indeed they do. I also realized why they caught my eye - that's the same bridge as on Schuldiner's Stealth.

B.C.-Rich-Stealth-Legacy-onyx-219403_O.jpg

Meanwhile, I also remembered the model of an adjustable TOM bridge - Gotoh 510bn. Not on their website, so I guess they don't make them anymore.

GB-2585-010.jpg

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
It’s not a bad idea, and would be a nice, more direct offset to Jackson for Gibson, but Gibson has still yet to completely “do right” by Kramer. They also have whatever they’re doing with Steinberger coming up now.

I’d rather see how well their new strategies for Kramer and Steinberger work before then nab Rich.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My concern is that If Kramer and steinberger aren’t immediate blowout successes that they’ll jump to pulling the lines back and reducing investment in the lines.

Reaction score
That's a great idea, Max! You're really good at problem solving!

....guys...lemme talk to you over here a minute.,..

Be right back, Max! Just a sec, buddy!

Listen...We knew this day was coming but I thought we'd have more time. Max is old, okay? He's tired...he's not who he used to be. His mind is starting to go and I just think it's time we really consider putting him in a home.

Guys, guys, c'mon. You see what's happening, alright? He's not even making sense anymore and we can't leave him alone. I don't have time to watch him, do you? Yeah I didn't think so. Look there are really nice facilities and we'll get him one of those. He can play his guitars, and get to hang out with other old people..homes aren't as bad as you see on TV. I just want to do the right thing, for Max's sake. We can't keep letting posts like this continue...

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I think this would be a good idea, just on the face of it. I think that it’s similar enough to Gibson to make it easy to integrate, but different enough that it captures a wider portion of the market. I know a lot of people are saying that the BCRs are too extreme, but the bulk of the BCRs look like Gibsons with a little more going on. I mean, I think a SG is way closer to a Bich or Mockingbird that it does to, say, a Strandberg, or some other modern design. When I think BCR and Gibson, I think more traditional players, 3x3 headstocks, 24.75” scale length, Tune o matic bridges, lots of tone and volume knobs, thick slabs of wood, etc. There are exceptions in the more extreme BCR shapes, but there are way more similarities than differences. Yet, the similarities don’t preclude an increased market share.

I mean, I have no idea about anything going on with the business side of either company to know if it makes sense from that side, but it wouldn’t make me raise an eyebrow if it actually occurred.

On the other hand, I’m not used to seeing these sorts of “Duuuude! What if…” threads from max, so I’m wondering if someone dropped some edibles off at work.

rokket2005

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They'd just need to give Slash a mockingbird sig and they'd be set. It's not like he didn't already play one all the time back in the day anyway. Totally authentic.

fuji86

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Fuck all of that. They should buy BCR so they can capitalize off of ST s4 and Eddie Munson. Seriously. Release an Eddie Munson signature Warlock.
Didnt they just release an import and Usa model?

Only problem I see with Gibson, is they arent doing much with their brands, Still no USA Kramers and the Steinberger line is still the same.

Last edited:

Brayden Buckingham

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
BC Rich makes some wicked looking basses . Would love to try one .

I would agree Gibson would be the most suitable if anyone were to buy them , but I'm sure BCR has it covered . They're sort of like Rickenbacker in a sense , I think they're comfortable with their customers and the niche they have is very loyal .

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That's a great idea, Max! You're really good at problem solving!

....guys...lemme talk to you over here a minute.,..

Be right back, Max! Just a sec, buddy!

Listen...We knew this day was coming but I thought we'd have more time. Max is old, okay? He's tired...he's not who he used to be. His mind is starting to go and I just think it's time we really consider putting him in a home.

Guys, guys, c'mon. You see what's happening, alright? He's not even making sense anymore and we can't leave him alone. I don't have time to watch him, do you? Yeah I didn't think so. Look there are really nice facilities and we'll get him one of those. He can play his guitars, and get to hang out with other old people..homes aren't as bad as you see on TV. I just want to do the right thing, for Max's sake. We can't keep letting posts like this continue...

SSO sitting here like:

oldMen.jpg

OmegaSlayer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I clicked on the thread because I saw it in the recent replies tab

Man, I would have never bet one dollar that Max would have been the author

I'd honestly feel that Fender MIC or Hisatake Shibuya would be a better fit for BC Rich