Getting a refund for a custom build?

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Shaynos, Jun 28, 2016.

1. oath5

oath5 SS.org Regular

This is why I wont EVER deal with custom lutihers again. Have had my share of bad luck with both Strictly7 and Skervesen. Good luck man!

2. ArtDecade

ArtDecade John Bohlinger's Dank Stash

Too many horror stories. :agreed:

3. Shaynos

Shaynos SS.org Regular

Still no answer. I keep messaging each week.
    Surely he has to realise how awful this makes his business look. I agree with you about screw ups. Just apologise and do your best to make things right.

I'll post on the wall now again and we'll see if it stays there.

4. TheTrooper

TheTrooper SS.org Regular

Somebody replied to You, I guess they want to resolve the situation.
    I guess they sorted their things out?

5. Shaynos

Shaynos SS.org Regular

You would think so, but this is all that has eventuated. Basically, Dave has responded a few times but I need Christian to make the effort to contact me back as he's the one who who has control over things such as money and 'bookkeeping'.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Mraz

Mraz SS.org Regular

Man this sucks :/
    This is why people are of ten afraid to order custom guitars...
    I will order a Kiesel soon and I'm a little afraid since I'm from EU and if something is not right, it can get expensive :S

7. crimpshrine

crimpshrine New Member

I have given up on ever getting my guitar from them. Been waiting for months for a picture. Guitar was due in Jan, then March, then June. Not seen a single pic of anything!

Going to pass my stuff over to a lawyer if they don't sort me a refund soon. I'm sick of the whole thing.

8. TheTrooper

I didn't understand You ordered from them too, that sucks.

If they still have to start Your build You can ask for a refund I think.

9. littleredguitars2

littleredguitars2 green canaries

what happened with skervesen?

10. Shaynos

Shaynos SS.org Regular

Still no word to anybody else?

There's been 2 other people commenting on the fb post I made who are now saying they want a refund as well. It seems like nobody can get a hold of Chris/Sabre guitars. Those people predicting a disappearing act might've been right I think.

11. TheTrooper

Saw the other posts, but what is crazy here is that EUGG did something like 4 other runs (between cabs and other custom guitars) and everything has been delivered (or almost everything); all these company started taking orders AFTER Sabre did (which started at the beginning of the year) but they delivered before them.

Can't you call the guy?
    Do You have his number?
    That's the only shot You have if he's not answering on FB.

12. TheTrooper

Hey dude, You should get a look at EUGG Cafè (I couldn't tag You).
    Somebody made a post over there (same stuff as yours) and You can shed a light over Your story; You are definetly not the only one.

13. Dust_to_Dust

Dust_to_Dust Mathew

14. Dooky

Dooky SS.org Regular

Agreed:yesway:
    Sometimes I feel like I'm in the minority when I say I would expect even a guitar that cost $2000AUD (or $1500USD) to be basically perfect. But for $3500aud it'd want to be absolutely flawless.
    The only guitar I've bought over $3000aud was my Jackson SL1 - great guitar, but it's not twice as good as my MIJ Ibanez' or Charvel - it just really isn't.

15. crimpshrine

crimpshrine New Member

Yea. I have still heard nothing. Paid about £1200-1300 deposit and supported the charity raffle to the tune of £150. :wallbash:

16. DeathlyCream

DeathlyCream New Member

My 2 cents now...

July 2014, I placed an order with Sabre Guitars for a £2575 guitar. At first everything was going right even if I wish he could reply faster to my messages.
    May 2015, the building process starts. Few months later, Phil Mc Allister from spectrum guitars saddly died. So Christian Howes didn't know how to do to be able to do the finish on my guitar body... I never knews he had to send my guitar body to Spain to do so.
    Well.. I waited then until January 2016 he sent me pics of a guitar body with a stained top but nothing more, a pic of a neck with frets being cut and that it.
    Wrong headstock shape and frets being cut on a neck that should have got inlays a long time ago... (I had messages like" Inlays work starts next week!")

So because of the wrong headstock he had to make a new neck and said it wouldn't delay anything. Few months later he said that I could have get my guitar very fast if he had not to build a new neck at no extra charge (you can tell I wouldn't pay anything just because he doesn't understand what i wanted from the start..)

I didn't have any updates from him then he said falling July 2016 that he had my guitar body back from the lacquerer. Never had a pic to see the result.

Falling August, I sent him an official letter and he came to talk on Messenger saying he need 4-5 weeks to finish the guitar maybe less which means it was done on the 6th september.
    Today I'm still waiting but now i don't want that guitar anymore, I just want my money back..

Oh and before I forget, 3 weeks ago he was telling me almost everyday that he was going to send me pics of my guitar (done?) then he shares someone else's guitar pics saying that me and some others would be next. We are all waiting for him to take pictures but he wants to send the guitars without taking any pics....

I say to anyone who wants a custom order: NEVER GO WITH SABRE:nono:

17. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Sorry to hear it, man. For a while Sabre looked like a class act and can admit that I was on the verge of putting in an order too, before a couple guys reported some excuses and so-so quality, etc.

18. Erockomania

Erockomania Studio Geek

Not just so-so quality on my build... unplayable, beginner quality. Worth maybe $600 but only because of the woods. Korean stuff is better built.

19. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Yea, I first heard about some minor complaints, and that's when I put off the order. I've since heard so many completely outrageous complaints that I suspect I might wind up with a more playable instrument by throwing a bunch of guitar parts into a bag of glue and then shaking it. At least it'll be delivered on time.

20. laxu

laxu SS.org Regular

Too bad. I was actually considering picking up one of their basses as it looks pretty great in pics.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, the pickups on the bass they are selling on EUGG marketplace (same as the one in their in-stock section on the website) seem like they are installed off center a bit. I thought it might've been just the angle but reading this thread through they probably are actually not in the correct position.