George Floyd...

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by BlackSG91, May 28, 2020.

1. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

When I hear people pissing and moaning about the kneeling all I can think is what the fuck are we supposed to do? Protest from in our homes with the lights off and under a blanket?

Kneeling during football games was huge, imo. It showed that people were listening, even those with money and who might not personally be affected in the same ways. It was seen and heard by so many more people than if you just "kneeled in front of a police station."

I've said it before and I'll likely say it again, I don't draw issues with people getting fed up and getting violent, I draw issue with people using that anger and hurting themselves while the real enemy just laughs at us from atop their ivory tower.

I understand and feel the same rage others are feeling, I just think people need to be less short sighted. I can even understand why people WOULD loot. I just think it's short sighted and is doing more harm to ourselves than good.

tedtan and c7spheres like this.
  2. Alexa run my life

Alexa run my life SS.org Regular

So all that kneeling at the football games.... How did that work out for police brutality? Have you seen the news in the past week?

3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Same old MetalHex. He can almost keep it together until it's about minorities. :lol:

Vyn, Dineley, vilk and 2 others like this.
  4. mpexus

mpexus SS.org Regular

Pilling and loathing just for the sake of it is a DOUCHE BAG maneuver and in some places the Forces getting to control it have the order to shot to kill. Serves no Purpose other than trying to take advantage of a chaotic situation. But if you are so at ease with it, just shout to them and say:

- You can Thrash and Pile my House at will.

If you have a Business feel free to Post Signs stating that you allow it and encourage the Pilling and Setting your Business on fire too. Take Photos and then post it please.

I'm not against rioting I'm against stupid actions done in Herd or Mob Behavior where people do things that they would not dare do in normal circumstances because they feel empowered by the huge numbers and stop thinking and become freaking IDIOTS to be polite in my words.

Also who the F are you to call me anything? What the F do you know about me to call me a White Supremacist? Do you even know if I am white? Do you know anything about me? Your assumptions on a simple text I posted makes you look so freaking obtuse that I'm even wondering how you can operate a PC or a Cellphone... still It wasn't me or my country that Elected a president that instead of fixing things prefers to pours Fuel into it... let that sink in on that "special" brain mindset of yours...

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    shadowlife likes this.
  5. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

I'm imagining some Blade Runner Voight-Kammpf-esque sit down.

Holden: They're just questions, Alexa. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test designed to provoke an emotional response. Shall we continue?

Alexa nods, still frowning, suspiciously.

Holden: Describe in single words. Only the good things that come to your mind. About minorities.

Science_Penguin and StevenC like this.
  6. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Remember when the vice president flew to a football game just to walk out when all the players took a knee?
    Remember when a bunch of white supremacists walked around open carrying assault rifles, carrying Nazi flags and running over people, and the president called them good people?

tedtan, zappatton2, c7spheres and 2 others like this.
  7. JoshuaVonFlash

JoshuaVonFlash SSBRO.org regular

I don't think his comment was venomous at all, it may hurt you to examine why you or someone else may disapprove of the protests. But, it's not wrong to assume that a person who takes issue with the one form of action that has been proven to shine a spotlight on this issue is at least sympathetic to white supremacy. Because whether they realize it or not, they're defending the system upheld by it. Especially when they seem to empathize more with inanimate objects and harp on being "civil" instead of focusing on the many dead people victims the system has wiped off the earth.

And this isn't a hit at the one side of the American political aisle either, I've seen many liberals harping on about being "civil" to the cops brutalizing protestors while they wear full suits of armor, wielding tear gas and batons like they're some operator out in a warzone. Those liberals are white supremacists too, they're still deferring to and defending a system that does not care about black, brown, hell even poor white lives (Those white folks out there aren't being bused in, they live in those cities and they're fed up of having no job or income to return to when this quarantine ends. It's no coincidence that they're out there in large numbers). They aren't wearing hoods or burning crosses on front lawns and they probably don't even know it consciously but they're actions and words have the effect of continuing a broken system.

Give a deeper read into what @broj15 and I are saying just as you are urging him to read what you are saying.

zappatton2, c7spheres and broj15 like this.
  8. Alexa run my life

I don't know who Metalhex is but I've seen so far at least 3 accounts joined and banned in the same day. Each one of those people were supposedly Metalhex.

9. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

MetalHex was the best guy to ever come to this forum and as a result all our favourite accounts get named in his honour.

10. Alexa run my life

You made a non-point and avoided answering my questions

11. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

Peaceful protest, such as the kneeling did do something if you care enough to see it. It pissed some people off, but it brought a lot of people together and on board. A lot more white folks are starting to see that things are fucked up as they are.

12. narad

Almost like Santa Claus, he's more of an idea than real physical person. But instead of delivering presents, he delivers shitposts and conspiracy theories into the political section of the forum immediately after joining on each visit. And like Santa Claus, he prefers to live in a white neighborhood.

tedtan, Dineley, zappatton2 and 5 others like this.
  13. narad

Yea, I have a friend who prior to the kneeling and the recent string of police killings (maybe post-Trayvon) said earnestly that racism wasn't a problem in the US. :-/

If people didn't protest these things, didn't explain what it's like to get pulled over as a minority in the US, didn't make sure these cop-kills-guy cases didn't slip to page 2, etc., there's a huge part of the population who I think wouldn't believe it was a modern-day problem. I think the kneeling helped tremendously to bring racism back into minds of people whose lives exist pretty much entirely separate from those kinds of experiences, and that awareness is going to result in millions of small changes, and that's what we need.

We already have laws that are generally written in ways that are equal for all races, but still major problems with the way things are enforced or enacted within that structure. That's where change needs to happen (like in this instance, actually charging the cops, not letting them cop out to some all-white district for the jury, etc.).

tedtan, XPT707FX and Chokey Chicken like this.
  14. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

I thought that was the case why americans are so in love with guns, to deal with that kind of federal government.

StevenC likes this.
  15. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Not a lot of 2nd Amendment types defending this stand against tyranny.

XPT707FX likes this.
  16. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

Much respect to you. I will continue to scrutinize my own thoughts and actions as I have always done. And I know that many of us are on the defensive at this time. I do realize how many people are hurting right now and I dearly hope that positive things may come to those that have struggled against injustices their entire lives. I certainly don't hold any contempt for anyone. Peace be with you.

c7spheres and JoshuaVonFlash like this.
  17. eggy in a bready

eggy in a bready SS.org Regular

you'd think this was the perfect opportunity for those tacxlife dorks to swing their dick around with all this chaos going on. guess they only really come out when there's no actual repercussions on the line.

DiezelMonster likes this.
  18. fantom

fantom Misses his 6 strings

If anything, it shows more people should have taken the silent protests seriously before they became tragic.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    c7spheres, Ralyks, XPT707FX and 2 others like this.
  19. DiezelMonster

DiezelMonster Complainasaurus Rex

Have you seen Bowling for Columbine? the scene where he interviews the Michigan Militia? that was the same one the Oklahoma city bomber was a part of apparently. But if you see those guys, and truthfully any group of white supremacists I've seen interviewed, they are NOT ready for any confrontation. haha they are what INCELS were before the internet haha. Now, not all militia groups or neo nazi's are pushover loudmouth basement dwellers, there for sure are some real "tough guys" But they RARELY want to face repercussions. Kind of the squeaky wheel syndrome. I suppose the only one really ready for action WAS Timothy McVeigh.

20. Alexa run my life

Yeah I mean it may caught alot of traction, but what came of it? What was expected to come of it?