George Floyd...

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by BlackSG91, May 28, 2020.

1. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

According to history that is how it will end anyway. They will charge this guy with murder (and the other guys with nothing apparently?) and set a trial that will take forever to even start. They will insist that he will not get a fair trial in the jurisdiction where he committed the murder and get a change of venue to the middle of redneck hell in the woods where they will let him off free.

XPT707FX, vilk and Randy like this.
  2. mpexus

mpexus SS.org Regular

George was handcuffed with hands behind his back for a long time now and three offices grabbing him... did you think he would still try to still avoid arrest in those conditions??? Do you even have a clue what you are saying or implying? Have you ever been handcuffed even just as joke thing with friends? Try it and then tell me how much can you avoid anything with 3 people on top grabbing you, film it and post it please.

Dineley likes this.
  3. mpexus

mpexus SS.org Regular

You mean like this?

Curious fact the Umbrella isn't it ;)

broj15 and Cabinet like this.
  4. eggy in a bready

eggy in a bready SS.org Regular

legos guy is me ir
    yeah, that is sad. undoubtedly there are people who sieze the opportunity to destroy anything around them, regardless of cause or reason

Chokey Chicken and shadowlife like this.
  5. shadowlife

shadowlife Contributor

The only thing I'm espousing is that there should be a full investigation, and all the facts gathered, then a trial and conviction if warranted.
    Unlike the majority of people who have the cop tried, convicted, and sentenced based on some video footage that doesn't show the entire incident.

I do think the fact that they worked together previously is a red flag, and it's possible that there may have been some kind of bad blood between them. I think the investigators should definitely look into that aspect.
    But that's just me having an open mind, a concept that seems more and more foreign in today's social media based society.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Alexa run my life likes this.
  6. Viginez

Viginez SS.org Regular

indeed most of the arrested were no locals (according to a recent statement from the presser).
    it seems some groups take advantage of the situation and fund riots.

XPT707FX and Cabinet like this.
  7. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

Are the riots still going? The Finnish media keeps pretty quiet about the whole ordeal and I can't get a clear picture of what is going on.

8. Alexa run my life

Alexa run my life SS.org Regular

Protesters are blocking highways.....that should put a stop to this racism. :scratch:

9. Viginez

Viginez SS.org Regular

do you only have access to finish media?

mpexus likes this.
  10. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Buddy of mine lives there and has been keeping me in the loop; his GF is part of a task force assigned to protect the 5th precinct tonight, along with upwards of 1,300 National Guard members, in addition to the 500-700 that were already there.

Word has gotten out that some police personal info has leaked and they’re preparing for it. If one of those cops goes down in his front yard or god forbid something happens to one of their wives or kids, they’re going to have to call in the Army.

This shit is terrible.

11. Alexa run my life

Alexa run my life SS.org Regular

And just like that, everyone forgot about covid19. Oh and masks. The ones who are wearing masks during these riots are people like antifa who don't wanna be recognized.

watson503 and jaxadam like this.
  12. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Please either stop or try harder.

cwhitey2, XPT707FX, vilk and 5 others like this.
  13. Randy

Randy The Pusterience™ Super Moderator

ITT: ARML complains about everything but cops killing unarmed people. Literally everything.

tedtan, XPT707FX, vilk and 6 others like this.
  14. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

No, but I don't know any foreign news outlets.

15. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

The lie of "outside agitators" has long been a favorite tactic of governments facing any sort of civil unrest as it works to deligitmize the movement. The same shit was used against MLK.

Was the real culprit white supremacists, was it antifa, non-descript out of town anti government cells? The media has an answer that suits your biases and deligitimizes the protests at the same time.
    They're unlikely to ever produce any physical evidence of these people.

The government will run with its preferred answer, too. Expect vigorous repression of the organized left as the Trump administration government pretends such organizations are "antifa", their favorite boogeyman.

The end result is staring us in the face; misdeeds of cops, the flaws of society, etc. are all forgotten and now the legitimacy of the protests themselves is the discussion.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Merrekof, Dineley, XPT707FX and 2 others like this.
  16. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

This looting and vadalism is spreading. It happened in downtown Phoenix last night too. Now "they" come out asking everyone to calm down and be civil.
    - This is true. People need to be civil, I agree.
    - What "they" don't ever seem to understand is when people try that it doesn't work. After this passes "they" will go back to being their unfair selfish self-serving selves. Since "they" have the money and power they never have to compromise and they aren't fair to people. They are the epitome of poor characters. It's why people hate them. They take advantage of people all the time and treat them unfairly, especially in legal (not ethical) ways. They won't give an inch or a penny unless it's for their convenience. It's why the problems happen. Fair is fair, but people aren't fair so why should they be expected to be civil if that doesn't work and especially if "they" aren't ever fair? This all seems perfectly normal human behavior to me. Continuously force treat people like animals and they will act like them. Everything is going just as it should, it seems. When "civility" is restored then "they" will all just go back to their normal unethical bullshit selves. They only want this to stop right now for their convienence, not because they actually care about resolution. I'd categorize most of "them" as sociopaths. They can't be reasoned with unless they are forced phsically or financially. They only respond to power plays. It's why they have power to begin with. Sorry people. I'm just upset and sick of all this shit. People need to be humans first. This inequality shit needs to end wether that be race, income, economic, standards of living, human rights etc. People are sick of it and if it never ever gets better, ever, then why wouldn't they resort to burn the system down? This all makes perfect sense for those in these positions and willing to fight. Diplomacy is a dead end failure because the powers that be will not have it, because it means they'd lose power and money, and they ain't having that. So round and round we go.

XPT707FX and possumkiller like this.
  17. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

Perfect counterpoint. Jury's need to fill the gaps and determine was was right or wrong beyond reasonable doubt. At this point, imo, there is no reasonable doubt until they find out he was about to physically kill someone. You don't crush a man's throat because he broke a non violent law/ran from the police.

XPT707FX likes this.
  18. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

Fair statement. Some people might just not care and are out for themselves in the short term. That shouldn't detract from the reasonable rebellion that is going on. Certainly shouldn't be making headlines alongside a murdered individual. It's sad but not the main topic at hand.

XPT707FX likes this.