gathering ideas for a build (skervesen swan)

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
hey yo fellas!

I'm slowly starting to plan out a skervesen swan build. I figure with the exchange rate being better than it's been in a while with the euro, I need to just pull the trigger on one sometime soon.

I'm debating on a swamp ash top kinda like this: (i have a raptor7 in poplar burl and i love it, but I kinda want to try something else on this build)
*image taken from pitbull audio's site

skervesen_swan_black_swamp_ash_top1.jpg

So going out on a limb, but I was wondering if any of ya'll have examples of a swamp ash top in a red, powder blue, or seafoam green in a swamp ash top. Body style doesn't matter. I'm just curious as to what that style of grain might look like under different colors if I can find any.

I googled and googled, but had a hard time finding other good examples.

thanks dudes!

AkiraSpectrum

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
1664543241660.png
1664543301106.png
1664543370480.png
1664543333233.png

Here are a few I found.
Try searching specific brands that are likely to have specs you're looking for. Kiesel is always a great option in this regard.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Lemonbaby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
oh sweet! That looks pretty awesome

that's the abm 3120 singles bridge right? How do you like that? I was leaning towards that just because it looks nice on that body style, but I've never played a guitar with one.

It's actually quite comfy although adjusting the intonation is annoying and I don't like the concept of locking the saddles with that diagonal screw. However, once everything's in place it's a very good bridge.

Last edited:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's actually quite comfy although adjusting the intonation is annoying and I don't like the concept of locking the saddles with that diagonal screw. However, once everything's in place it's a very good bridge.
mmm mmm iinnnteresting

That does sound like a little bit more hassle to set up. But then again it's not like I would be doing a setup that often over the course of a year either.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
Swamp ash with trans finish... yep :agreed:
azlag1-700x416.jpg

azlag4-300x300.jpg
azlag3-300x300.jpg

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
niiiice!

the grain really varies a ton in tightness with swamp ash eh. I kinda dig it more when it's not quite soooo tight like in the black skerv in my first post.

That color though is pretty awesome. I could see something like that working in a swan.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Alllright! I decided to do some mockups with that swan pic from pitbull audio.... and I got kinda carried away haha. 🤦‍♀️💆‍♀️

I'll just drop it here in case anyone is curious as to what colors miiiiight look like. I think some of these may be hard to do in an actual real world scenario. But it's kinda fun to see the possibilities

I think I myself am partial to variation1, but I need to play with it some more. Variation 16 ain't bad either. Maybe if I swing it a hair towards something a bit blue-er-er, and I do kinda dig the purple on 15, but I'm not going to go with purple this round.

Pay no mind to the neck. I just have a rough test inlay in there now, but I'll be changing that. I haven't decided if i"ll go with a light or dark fretboard yet either. I usually go dark, but some of these look fine with the light one. I'll proooobably go with the block fret markers though because I really like them a lot on my raptor7.

anywho....for curious minds.. here ya go all variations low.jpg