Games that should get remade

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
Doesn't the current PC version work? I haven't tried it since ~2005 or something so IDK... You'd imagine there'd be a working version, since there are ports that run on xbox one, android phones etc.

Personally, I'd like a significant graphics update - imagine how awesome it'd be with cinematic visuals. And I guess that's what we'll get, since I think I read somewhere that it'll run on UE5.

It does work, but it doesn't like  work. The graphics modes aren't anyone's idea of sane, for example. When I last played it (Steam version circa 2012) it was effectively impossible to alt tab to consult the wiki, which is not great.

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Doesn't the current PC version work? I haven't tried it since ~2005 or something so IDK... You'd imagine there'd be a working version, since there are ports that run on xbox one, android phones etc.

Personally, I'd like a significant graphics update - imagine how awesome it'd be with cinematic visuals. And I guess that's what we'll get, since I think I read somewhere that it'll run on UE5.
From what they've been talking about, KOTOR will definitely have massively upgraded visuals. Which is what has me scared, since that company has only done really lazy and bad ports before (seriously the Jedi Knight games are borderline unplayable on console thanks to absolutely no changes to aiming controls to make up for the inferior accuracy of controller vs mouse/keyboard).

I played through KOTOR 1 and 2 a few years ago on PC. I had to download some kind of front-end application that allowed them to run in modern resolutions. Don't remember what it was called. Kotor2 also has a bunch of busted missing content in the retail version and there are community patches that fix it.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
From what they've been talking about, KOTOR will definitely have massively upgraded visuals. Which is what has me scared, since that company has only done really lazy and bad ports before (seriously the Jedi Knight games are borderline unplayable on console thanks to absolutely no changes to aiming controls to make up for the inferior accuracy of controller vs mouse/keyboard).

I played through KOTOR 1 and 2 a few years ago on PC. I had to download some kind of front-end application that allowed them to run in modern resolutions. Don't remember what it was called. Kotor2 also has a bunch of busted missing content in the retail version and there are community patches that fix it.
I've only played JK on PC so idk... But luckily KOTOR doesn't require aiming precision, and IMO the games play just as fine (or just as poorly :lol: like I said before, I never finished kotor2 because my save kept getting corrupted) on xbox as is, so I'm not that worried about it.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
As much as I love isometric fallout a straight remake of fallout 2 in the style of new Vegas would be good. None of this ff7 "remake" crap either just the original script and such.

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
I'd love the og Fallout games to be remade 3d. They could at least put that out since we may never see another regular Fallout.

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Donkey Kong 64. It may be Nintendo's annoying bastard child collect-a-thon but god damn do I love it.
I never finished that, I ran out of gas somewhere around the factory level. It got REALLY, REALLY tedious having to go back to barrels to switch characters to just collect goddam colored bananas strewn everywhere.

robotwithhumanhair22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I never finished that, I ran out of gas somewhere around the factory level. It got REALLY, REALLY tedious having to go back to barrels to switch characters to just collect goddam colored bananas strewn everywhere.

I agree with you 100%. It just scratches this weird itch in my brain and is a perfectionist's nightmare.

The water level is SO much worse.

evade

enthusiast
Reaction score
How dope would it be to have a 3rd person open world Oregon Trail! You have to hunt, barter, deal with the loss and illness of your family. It could be timed to make it past the Rockies in a certain amount of time.

Just a random thought I had driving to work. What other old school games would you think could be wicked fun of remade to modern abilities?
Red Dead Redemption

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Donkey Kong 64. It may be Nintendo's annoying bastard child collect-a-thon but god damn do I love it.

On Android!

Actually, just put ALL of old Nintendo on Android on a subscription model... it would be easy to port and beat the hell out of 99% of Android offerings

Just superimpose the old gamepad control layout over the screen in landscape mode and done for casuals (& sell some kind of overpriced OPTIONAL bluetooth dock-gamepad peripheral device for hardcore fans)

Last edited:

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

This might turn off some of the fans waiting for the remake, but as a HUGE fan of the 2018 GOW, consider my hype increased.
Apparently their port of KOTORII was so incredibly half-assed that the switch version currently has a gamebreaking bug that blocks all progress for all players about 1/3 of the way through. And they released it in that shape, and instead of patching it as soon as people started hitting it, they just released some incredibly convoluted workaround involving having to clear a section of the game with no one else in your party! Still no ETA on a real fix. Plus, they released the damn thing without including the restored content patch that they advertised before release would be included. This dev is totally hopeless. Unless some other Sony studio is helping them by doing most of the work, I think this will be terrible.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
First time I'm hearing of that, but I don't have a Switch nor will I until I can get all the god damn Zeldas on one platform, so that's news to me. Truthfully, the only time I remember that there's a KOTOR remake coming is when this thread is relevant or it comes up in the other WAYP thread, so calling it "hype" in this case is still being very generous on my end.

Like everything else, I'll wait for a trailer, then the gameplay trailer, then the actual game to come out and another several months before it's down to the $30-40 range before I consider even buying it and then regret it even if it's just OK

pahulkster

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lol I bought that KOTOR II port because I saw it in the Switch shop and didn't read anything else. Only $15 but it's still ridiculous they released it like that, and also ridiculous that Nintendo does zero refunds for the shop. I played KOTOR II a couple of times on the Xbox but it's been a long time. Hopefully they get it all resolved with the restored content sometime in the somewhat near future. Definitely not going to play it right now.