Games that should get remade

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by beerandbeards, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Randy

Randy Taste the Rainbow™ Super Moderator

Far Cry 2

2. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

3. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

[​IMG]

StevenC likes this.
  4. MFB

MFB Banned

I love that gifs don't embed anymore, so the reply was as broken as Valhalla is!

Randy and StevenC like this.
  5. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

[SPOILERS FOR KINGDOM HEARTS]
    [SPOILERS FOR FF14]

Basically: bad guys “kill themselves” to separate their spirits from their bodies in order to travel across time and space to “make something happen that would give them power and hurt others”.

They’re a secret organization that all wear matching trench coats in a late 90’s techno-cool matrix manner.

The thing is FF14 being an mmo is a long enough game for hours and hour of exposition. So it’s cool enough (to me).

KH is a rushed convoluted mess spread across every bit of media they touch. With what feels like no focus. And now in KH the “body” and “heart” also separate from the “soul/spirit” so there’s 3 different fucking things.

Idk, the individual worlds are fun, but the “main story” of KH is a mess to me. I get just enough to go “oh the creator did it better in FF”.

I’m not playing 6 games to “get the details”. I’ll just enjoy it like a theme park. Fun levels and cool playing as classic characters.

6. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Lame, it shows up okay for me. Sometimes if you quote the post and scroll down to the text box it's in there.

StevenC likes this.
  7. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

It only shows up for you cause you already had it cached. Imgur seems to block sevenstring.org, specifically, and it's always been like that (i had to host things on photobucket or attach them to get them to show up). You have to copy/paste imgur embeds to see them on here. It's really annoying since I don't really think there are any viable alternatives anymore.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  8. Nicki

Nicki Twit

I wouldn't mind seeing a Perfect Dark remake. Had loads of fund with that game on the N64.

Also, probably not a popular opinion, but I really think Final Fantasy XIII deserves to be remade. Once you look passed the fact that it was just one big long hallway, the game is actually pretty good. The battle system was enjoyable too and the story was pretty okay.

9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Perfect Dark already had it's Rare Replay version - which I think was solid for what it was. There's supposed to be a new one in development currently, isn't there? That's... kinda like a remake? Maybe?

10. mmr007

mmr007 SS.org Regular

xbox_indiana_jones_and_the_emperors-110214.jpg

Leviathus likes this.
  11. Nicki

Nicki Twit

I actually have the Xbox release of Perfect Dark 64 twice. I bought it when it was on XBLA a long time ago when I had my 360 and when I got my Xbox One, I bought Rare Replay for like $5.

But dang! I didn't even know about a new Perfect Dark in development! Looked at the trailer. Not much to go on right now, but sure does look pretty.

12. Manurack

Manurack Nunavut Inuk

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

I had this game on the first generation Xbox console, it was AMAZING! Choosing your own path as a Jedi Knight going down the Dark Side of the Force, or staying on the Light Side was so much fun.

I bought this game on the Xbox Marketplace about 5 years ago on my Xbox 360. A remake of this would be awesome.

KotOR_Cover.png

XPT707FX likes this.
  13. wankerness

TedEH likes this.
  14. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I really wish Nintendo would just do a virtual-console type thing on the switch for more of their old material. I think if they basically had old SNES/N64/Gamecube etc emulators and sold the roms at like $3-5 each or something cheap like that - and open the library waaaaaaay up, every title they can get their hands on - they'd make a killing. And have a valid excuse for being so adamant about legal issues around emulation since they'd be actively engaging with those properties again.

15. wankerness

While Nintendo should do that, apparently it's all on MGM why Goldeneye is probably never seeing a rerelease. The list of demands they made for a rerelease was kind of hilarious (ex, Daniel Craig's face must be subbed in for Bond, no blood, no ability to kill civilians, no "good characters" being able to fight other "good characters" in multiplayer, etc). And that doesn't even get into the financials. Nintendo didn't do anything to stop Rare from putting out other Nintendo-published games like Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark on xbox, and I think the only public statement they made about it was Reggie saying he hoped it would happen.

Again, I must express my shock at how great Perfect Dark was on 360. I never liked that game on N64, mostly cause of the awful framerate and the over-ambitious graphics making it so you couldn't tell what the heck was going on in multiplayer. But on 360, it was easily the most fun I ever had on XBL. It's really too bad shooters have almost entirely abandoned the outrageous mechanics of stuff like Unreal Tournament and Perfect Dark, where you get people throwing N-Bombs (yeah, that's what they were called) at each other while others just pilot missiles around in circles in big areas on the prowl and others shoot each other through walls or throw laptop gun turrets everywhere. It was comically unbalanced and you could hold as many weapons as you could find. It ruled.

StevenC likes this.
  16. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

When I learned, a while back, that they made a new Quake multiplayer game that looked a lot like 3 Arena, I got excited 'cause I thought some of that old school janky fun arena shooting might be coming back, but then it turned out to be yet another shell of a game around a slot machine and I continued to be sad for the state of gaming.

17. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I played so much Perfect Dark Zero offline with friends when it came out. I'll never understand why boys got cut from multiplayer shooters, especially with the prominence of map and custom mode makers in games these days.

18. MetalGravy

MetalGravy Making a meat suit

Parasite Eve II, minus the tank controls.

Randy likes this.
  19. jojkett

jojkett SS.org Regular

I really hope a company like bluepoint gets to remake Metal Gear Solid - not like the exaggerated twin snakes version but the original

20. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Not sure if someone said this already but Hunter: The Reckoning.

MetalGravy likes this.