Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by flexkill, Mar 31, 2013.

1. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

2. Underworld

Underworld SS.org Regular

Episode sucked. The dornish arc is pathetic, and what they've done with Sansa is so far from the books I just can't take it anymore! At least if they did something interesting with that, like Sansa pushing a knife in Ramsay's throat or something.

3. SeditiousDissent

SeditiousDissent i drove bus

This entire episode was all sorts of weak sauce...

I noticed that, too. Since the Bronn arc is essentially over, I feel like he will be all black-veined and screaming by the next episode.

[​IMG]

4. wankerness

Well, at least the poison thing seemed to be simply an excuse for a retarded scene in which the most muscle-toneless indie-chick-wannabe of the sand snakes exerted her dominance and showed off how HOT her boobs are. Idiotic. Maybe it was only a temporary antidote, though!

I sorta like the catch 22 they have set up with Stannis/Sansa. Everyone wants him to come in and destroy Ramsay & Co, but now we've learned for that to happen he has to set his adorable daughter on fire and sell his soul, otherwise he's screwed in the battle. I guess the only good outcome for all parties would be if Brienne went in there and snagged her right now and stabbed Ramsay in the face and then someone tells Stannis before he cooks Shireen or kills Melisandre (who's still about my favorite in the cast) or whatever he'd have to do.

Hopefully something good happens with Tyrion and Danaerys, she's been approaching her previous season 2 heights of "I can't stand watching her walk around with a stick ten feet up her ass, let's get this scene over with!" these last couple episodes, especially tonight with the bedroom scene.

I'm not pleased with the Sam/Gilly situation, I wish they'd fled on a boat by now. Seems like they're up .... creek right now. Their sex scene was somewhat adorable though. I can't remember what happened with them in the fourth book,
    just that they took a boat somewhere else and she banged him there - did he go to Maester school or something??

I'm very pleased by the way the King's Landing stuff progressed in this episode, though I still don't get why the army can't just kill the stupid religious wackos. No one would care that much! I had to laugh when Natalie Dormer's "filthy in a dungeon" look still was insanely gorgeous, it was like they still did her makeup in the same way and just made the rest of her dirty. Maybe that's just how she looks without makeup. (yeah right)

5. crg123

crg123 SS.orgLocalArchitect

To play devil's advocate with this I think the idea was that the Dornish are far from prudish especially compared to what someone from King's Landing would be use to. I think her doing that was to make his "blood flow" making the poison work quicker. She was exploiting what she knew would happen since he wouldn't be use to this. I think is why she was asking him how he felt when it happened. It was her way of pulling the trigger. Also why her sisters were rolling their eyes. They knew she was ....ing with him.

Its not the best excuse for it and I agree about the muscle toneless part, but I think that was the intention. Shrug*

6. wankerness

That was the reason for her getting her tit out, but that doesn't explain the reason for the ENTIRE SCENE. I thought it was just completely awful and yet another example of the showrunners trying to ram those characters down our throat. "Look at how badass this chick is, she gives you poison and then gives you a boner to make it act faster!" If Bronn had then DIED at least the scene wouldn't have been pointless, as is it didn't advance anything in any way. They could have completely removed the scene and we'd be in the same spot we were in before it happened, since apparently most people didn't think Bronn had gotten poisoned last week, and nothing happened here other than her going "haha you're poisoned, and now you're cured, PSYCH!!!!"

7. PlumbTheDerps

PlumbTheDerps SS.org Regular

It was no dumber than the scene with Oberyn stabbing the dude's hand just because he could. Just happened to have .... in it. I thought it was the first good scene with the Sand Snakes, and Nymeria's eye-roll in the background gave it a sense of self-awareness that the characters were lacking before.

Anyway, probably my favorite episode of the season by far. Lots of character development and great dialogue that never felt expository or overly foreshadowy. Hope Sansa takes that lockpick/knife/whatever she picked up and stabs the .... out of Ramsay.

8. vividox

vividox SS.org Regular

Yeah, I thought it was the first good scene with the Sand Snakes as well. In the books, that one Sand Snake is about about taking her clothes off and using her sexuality.

Easily the best episode of the season for me.

9. djyngwie

djyngwie SS.org Regular

It was certainly the best episode in a while. The Dorne subplot is still the weakest link, though. Also, not a whole lot of development in Sansa's situation.

10. Deadnightshade

Deadnightshade U gonna eat that?

They keep making me wonder how the hell they are going to tie some important storylines that are supposed to end a specific way in the books.

11. PlumbTheDerps

PlumbTheDerps SS.org Regular

That was actually Arianne Martell, the only non-sand-snake, who didn't make it into the show :lol:

12. seasloth21

seasloth21 Member

The sand snake I really can't stand is that michelle rodriguez looking clown who always talks in stereotypical idioms. That fights scenes are bad, but this week was actually tolerable.

13. wankerness

One thing that stuck out to me was when Melisandre was talking about the power of the blood, said "see, it killed Joffrey and Robb Stark" and just totally didn't mention Balon Greyjoy. They must have originally planned on including the iron islands stuff and then realized sometime after season 3 that it just wasn't going to happen, so when they referred back to that scene they just didn't mention the fact she named 3 people instead of 2 :D I wonder if they're ever going to come back to it or if that's just it. Kind of a sad end to the iron islanders, if so - some of them show up to get Theon and are scared away by dogs, the end.

14. MFB

MFB Banned

The Iron Islands stuff is a killjoy in the book so I'm fine with them leaving it out of the show. It'd be kind of cool to see the Kings Moot? Yeah. But, I don't remember there being any immediate sort of effect from it so who cares.

15. dbrozz

dbrozz SS.org Regular

Couple thoughts..

Sandsnakes plotline is the weakest for sure, but the scene with Tyenne(?) and Bronn was pretty good I thought. I think we should give it more time before we judge these characters. But that fight in the previous episode was god awful.

Kind of sad to have no Iron Islanders.. I would have loved to see the Damphair and Victarion. But after the season 4 handling of Theon's rescue.. I don't even :noplease:

Does anyone else think that maybe Littlefinger is playing behind the scenes in King's Landing with respect to Cercei, Queen of Thorns, Loras and Lancel? I mean, he usually is.. But Loras did sleep with the dude in Littlefinger's brothel, and that was the key evidence against him. I can't remember why Lancel decided to join the sept but I can't help but think (at least in the films world) that Littlefinger might have had something to do with it. He told the Queen of Thorns that his gift was a young man.. He seems to show up just as everyone is slipping into the dungeons :lol:

Also, random thought.. Bronn's betrothed is named Lollys.
    Bronn is a lawless sellsword.. betrothed to Lollys. :cool:

16. AliceLG

AliceLG \m/^_^\m/

I liked the episode. The Dorne arc is still weak, and pretty much all of it contradicts everything I expected of the place and the people given the overwhelmingly awesome first impression given by Oberyn in the last season. Them boobies though, nice.

Sansa's plot seems to have gone back to the boring sluggish crap of old, with only little sparks of "Dark Sansa" in there. I liked the bastard banter with Ramsay. That was a nice touch. Not so much what happened immediately after.

Every scene that has Tyrion in it is solid gold. And I'm curious about how his life in Meereen will develop.

The King's Landing plotline finally got back to form I think. I really liked the scene in the Sept with Lady Olenna and the High Sparrow. One of the best in the show I think.

All in all a good episode.

And also
    He was the blood of the dragon, but now his fire has gone out. And now his watch is ended.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  17. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

Jonathan Price(The High Sparrow) is a great actor and all his scenes have been really good. He has been one of my favourites this season. Its good to have Lady Olenna back too.

Dorne/Sand Snakes is a complete mess this season. They shouldn't have even bothered.

Recycling plots is really dragging down the Winterfell arc. We already had the exact same male abuser + old woman death scene in S1E10. Back tracking on Sansa'a character arc throws away the Vale character development last year.

I really wish they had extended the season and fit in Young Griff and the Greyjoy Uncle's. They would have really helped this season.

18. OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer SS.org Regular

For me this season has totally gone downhill and become quite stupid.
    This makes my wait for Black Sails' 3rd season even more unbearable.

The Dorn plotline seems awful even for one like me that didn't read the books, King Landing's soldiers not killing the sparrows doesn't seem credible, Stannis has been reduced to a silly puppet, Daenerys has become a b who likes the d, in spite of her love for Kahl Drogo.
    The only reason to see this is obviously Tyrion, and Natalie Dormer, who's not hot hot hot but makes my blood boil a bit.

19. vividox

vividox SS.org Regular

Ah, yeah, that's right. The show does so much combining of characters it's hard to keep track sometimes.