Furman power conditioner

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by LaPerraLoca, Jul 9, 2012.

1. LaPerraLoca

LaPerraLoca Well-Known Member

Hi everybody, i have a question about this gear.
    -¿Will it blend?
    hahaha

No, the real question, is: "This thing will make my gear, pedalboard run more silent?"
    i know already that this will protect all my gear, from a spike, but im thinking to buy one with the power conditioner, so all my gear get constant energy flow.

when im alone, i get good tone for my rig, but when i rehearsal, i get tons of noise and hums.

i already have isp decimator runing, and more and less i know what im doing with my pedalboard chain, effects, and amp.

2. Aevolve

Aevolve Yugen.

As far as addressing the noise and humming... what kind of cables do you use? The quality of your cables plays a huge part in helping to cancel noise.

Power conditioners are essentially glorified power-strips. They're nice to have, and have a bit of surge protection, but as far as spike protection.. they don't offer much. You'll have to spend a bit more for an actual voltage regulator if you want to really protect your gear.

3. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

yeah I've decided not to get a cheap/mid range power conditioner.

I have a multi box with surge protection velcro'd to the side of my pedaltrain 2. I connect my HD500 and poweramp to this, so I'm covered.

4. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

cables and bridge grounding will help a lot more unless you are just in a run down building practicing. If you don't ground your bridge your strings work as antenna and feedback all kinds of noise.

That being said I use a Furman and it works great and while it should clean up your power some it just depends.

5. LaPerraLoca

LaPerraLoca Well-Known Member

I have cheap planet waves pedal cables, and 1 spot powered daisy chain. Hum only occurs when other rig ( bass rig ) is pluged and played