Full Halo BH-7 review inside

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Digital Black, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toshiro

Toshiro .... Contributor

Not to get in the middle of this, but if the pickup rings are in the way of adjusting the action, that's a design flaw. The factory needs to start using lower rings, or change the neck to body angle to compensate. The lack of an arm contour on a guitar that doesn't have a carved top, or some other reason for it, seems like a bad design as well, IMO. (Of course, I think teles should come with an arm contour, this isn't the 50's anymore.) ;)

Anything else can be chocked up to the guitar being dropped(if this is the case, no matter who did the dropping) and typical Korean build. Have to remember that this guitar is the equilalent of an LTD in manufacture, and judge it accordingly.

Number wise, you scored it higher than I did my RG7620 on HC, but that's still okay. :)
    (side note: I usually put N/A for customer support unless I've gotten something from the company. Ibanez gets an N/A from me, Tech21 gets a 9 or 10, because they've gone out of their way to help me, including offering to mod my amp for a small fee.)

How do the 'holes for a string through setup' work? There are holes drilled, or do you mean there's a way to string the floyd without locking it?

I personally wouldn't buy one, but only because it breaks some of my 'rules'. (I don't buy MIK guitars, I don't buy guitars with cheap floyds, and I don't like that lower horn at all. :p) Yes, I am an A-hole, but you worked on guitars for 2 years, try doing it for 6 at just over minimun wage because you're in a small town :D

Oh yeah, I've always perfered Rainbow 6 (in all it's forms) for FPS. Though, I hate the Xbox, so Halo2 won't get played here.. :wavey: :lol:

2. darren

darren Decibel Guitars Forum MVP

My "counterpoint" wasn't a personal attack, and you've clearly misinterpreted my words. I merely questioned some of the content of your review and critiqued how many reviews are written, not just yours. I was trying to bring a little perspective to the issue, and offer an alternative point of view based on the raw information you provided in the form of your photos and words.

Why is it that most reviews are either "10/10! A+ BEST GUITAR EVAR!!!!" or "0/10 SUX, DUDE! I'VE OWNED GARDEN SHOVELS THAT PLAYED BETTER!!!!"? What's wrong with saying, "This is a really great value. The guitar has some flaws, but nothing critical, but for the minor factory issues it has out of the box, it rates about 7/10."

I don't know where you got the idea that i was criticizing your level of knowledge or experience. I expressed my opinions. If people can say, "Wow, great review!" why can't i post a constructive critique? It's not like i said, "Your review was absolute crap and you don't know what you're talking about." I feel i articulated my viewpoint fairly well. If my opinions hurt your feelings, i'm sorry.

3. darren

Thanks, Toshiro for articulating those points much better than i did.

4. WayneCustom7

WayneCustom7 Paolo Contributor

Alright I apologize Darren, I should just mind my own business, disregard what I said...I'm fearful now of posting a review of my Washburn :wavey:

5. W4D

W4D Bass Player Contributor

Thanks for the review and thank you for being honest on every thing. I know that this is from the first production run. Since you told me who you bought it from. If any of you are going to NAMM Please come by and check out the stuff in person. I would be happy to meet with any of you and talk some shop.

6. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas owns all of the those

7. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

(emphasis mine)

You're kidding me.... do tell, that's seriously cool.

-D

8. Toshiro

Toshiro .... Contributor

Drew, I'll PM you with it, because I don't wanna go too public with this until the work is done, since I don't want them pissed at me. :)

9. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

haha, ok, I'll watch my inbox. That's serious customer service, though :)

10. VforVendetta00

VforVendetta00 SS.org Regular

i got a question about this halo guitar, on the site it says its a 27.5 inch scale, but i think its a typo, anyone have the specifics?

11. Prophecy420

Prophecy420 BEADGBE

The problem with the internet is theres no way to tell someones tone of speaking when all you can read is typed out words. I don't think Darren was meaning to be rude at all, just offering his take on it and offering up his thoughts on the axe, not the reviewer. :cool:

12. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

Mine is 25 and a change. The auction I bought from I belive had it right..

13. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

The problem with people on the internet is they don't not know how to present an opnion without insulting somebody or being confrontational.
    The other problem with people is they feel the bad points outweight the good no matter what the ratio is.

:fawk:

14. darren

No, i think the problem is that people on the Internet can't read anything critical without their delicate feelings getting hurt. :rolleyes:

15. Chris

Chris Forum MVP

The problem is that there's not enough love in this thread. ;)

You should all play Schecters anyway! :fawk:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.