Fucking wankers.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ror3h, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Ror3h

Ror3h SS.org Regular

Pardon my french but I am really annoyed right now :scream:

Just as I thought things were getting a little better the fucking job centre or whoever they are fucks me over AGAIN.

Yesterday I finally got a bit of money from jobseekers allowance, 3 weeks worth to be exact. THEN, today I get a letter from them saying "we cannot give you jobseekers allowance from 6th january because of the circumstances which you left your job blah blah...
    This decision applies from 6th jan to 15th march 2007."

What the FUCK?!

Then it says "we cannot pay you jobseekers allowance from 16th march 2007."

Again, WTF?!?

Their reason? Well, it's bollocks but here's what it says:
    "We cannot pay you because you have not paid, or been credited with, enough Class 1 National Insurance Contributions."

That I know is COMPLETE bullshit.
    Ever time I got paid in my old job, on my payslip, it would say "national insurance" and a small percentage of my wage went to that.

SO, either the people at my last job were fucking around and pocketing the money instead of paying my NI, or the jobseekers allowance people are completely BULLSHITTING ME!

Either way though, how the fuck would I have known??

God I hate this fucking country...

It's lucky I live with my mum, and not on my own cos I would have been homeless by now...

I dont know what it's like in the US or somewhere, but has anyone else here had a similair problem?

2. Dormant

Dormant Wanker

Did you leave your last job voluntarily? If so that will affect your allowance status. They will continue to pay you but there will be a gap before they start paying you again. If your income based has truly run out (which it might have done depending on how long you worked for) you will need to ask for non-income based. The system is convoluted as the office that pays you is based out of Glasgow. You need to go in and talk to your representative.

3. Roundhouse_Kick

Roundhouse_Kick SS.org Regular

Sorry to hear that man. I've had problems before with over and under paid taxes and its crap! + 1 Go and have a chat with your representative or whoever to properly clear it up!

4. Shorty

Shorty Guitar Buying Frenzy! Contributor

If you were PAYE, you have paid your National Insurance.

The appropriate rules and guidelines for allowing jobseekers are here:

http://www.tuc.org.uk/welfare/tuc-8787-f0.cfm

Did you leave your last job voluntarily...?

If you are did, you cannot claim for 3 months. That has been in place since the start of JS and beforehand. You choose to leave, you are on your own mate :(