/FT: Laney Ironheart IRT120H 120 watt Amp

Discussion in 'Gear For Sale / Trade/ Wanted' started by jrstinkfish, May 28, 2014.

1. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish SS.org Regular

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Laney Ironheart IRT120H
    Modifications (if any): None
    Accessories (hardshell case etc): Footswitch
    Location (City,State or City,Country): Memphis, TN
    International OK? : No
    Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM here
    References (eBay or other forum userid): jrstinkfish itrader, dfin13 on eBay
    Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $725 shipped via PP gift

Hesitant about this one, because it's an awesome amp and I love it, but I'm looking for something a little different, maybe with less EQ options. You can Google this amp or search on here to find all the features, so I won't go into detail on that.

It's in good condition cosmetically and functionally. The only two issues are:

1) Pre-boost indicator light on the amp is missing, likely pushed back into the chassis since I don't see the light assembly in its place. The footswitch pre-boost indicator light works, and since that is where I normally fired it off from, it was not a big deal for me.
    2) Standby light comes and goes. Standby works just fine, it's just the indicator light that can be flakey.

Other than those two purely cosmetic issues, it works just fine.

I'd prefer to sell, but as for trades (and assuming the values match, or you add cash to bring the values in line):

Amps -- Lower wattage tube amps that do metal really well. The only SS amp I'd want is an Ampeg VH140C.

Guitars -- Ehhh ... I've got too many as it is. You can try me though. USA Fender or Gibson is my preference, but if you've got a nice one that isn't either of those, give it a shot. Prefer hardtails and I prefer it came with a case, no crazy colors or finishes.

Pedals -- Nah. My setup is pretty basic, I only use an OD and a tuner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jrstinkfish

3. MikeyLawless

MikeyLawless SS.org Regular

Great deal on an awesome amp here. My standby light is flakey too. Common thing maybe?

4. jrstinkfish

Could be. I had a Jet City amp that had the same widespread issue with the standby light, and JC sent a new light assembly for free when I asked about it. I haven't tried it with Laney yet, mainly because I botched the installation of the one in my JC amp, I didn't want to screw the Laney up :)

But yeah, not trying to pump up my own ad, but this thing really is an awesome monster amp. There's just so many possibilities with the EQ options, or you can just set them and forget them and peel faces off. I may wind up keeping it since I can dial the wattage down for home use, but it sure feels like using a stallion for pony rides.

5. rick_fears

rick_fears SS.org Regular

Indicator bulbs come loose from the vibrations of the sound. Use a pencil eraser and tighten up the standby light bulb. Should take care of that :yesway:

Killer amp. Love mine. Free bump for a good deal.

6. jrstinkfish

Edit: Nevermind, she's off to her new home :) ...... :(