/FT: Kala U-Bass SUB

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by Djent, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Djent

Djent Obviously!

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Kala U-Bass SUB (black finish)
    Modifications (if any): None
    Accessories (hardshell case etc): Non-original gig bag
    Location (City,State or City,Country): Glenside, PA, USA
    International OK? : No
    Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM
    References (eBay or other forum userid): iTrader, onetimeoneplace on Talkbass
    Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $280 + shipping
    Pictures: See below

Picked this one up a while back. It's a cross between a ukulele and a bass, with a 21" scale length and special, thick strings that produce the deepest tone I've ever heard from a bass.

Cosmetically, it's not in the best condition. The finish on these things is known to flake off easily, and there are a couple of spots on the front and sides where this had happened. On the back, it got really bad, so I eased off some of the finish to try to get a uniform back. I got most of it pushed to the edges, except for a pesky spot near the middle. Mostly clean, but with some scratches and scuffs that don't go through the finish.

Otherwise, it plays awesome. It still sounds nice and deep, and the 2-band EQ gives you a great palette to shape the tone.

For trades, I'm mainly looking for the acoustic version of the U-Bass (fretless preferred), but if you have something interesting, shoot me an offer!

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The cosmetic stuff:
    [​IMG]

2. Djent

Djent Obviously!

Bump