FS /FT Friedman Butterslax

Discussion in 'Gear For Sale / Trade/ Wanted' started by Crash Dandicoot, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Crash Dandicoot

Crash Dandicoot » Supra-ise!

Brief & Accurate Description of gear: Friedman Butterslax 100w 3-channel head.
    Modifications:
    EL34s replaced with JJs.
    Accessories: Original box, footswitch and footswitch cable.
    International OK?: Shipping is $50 USD in Canada, $75 USD to the USA and beyond.
    Contact Info: PM me here.
    References: eBay: hyper-crisis, Reverb Shop: Link!
    Price:
    2839.99 USD.

I'm really indecisive, apparently. Once again selling my 2017 Friedman Butterslax Bill Kelliher signature model; it's an absolutely brutal testament to Dave Friedman's skills. This is an early run model signed by Bill. Despite being advertised as an end-all-be-all of heavy metal amps (and it delivers, I assure you), channel 1 is capable of some beautiful cleans and a wonderful light crunch sound. Channel 2 is the Friedman special: pure, fully articulated and dynamic distortion with a definitive character that's unlike anything else around. Channel 3 is cosmic darkness in audio form - a crushing wall of sound with searing leads.

I am the original owner and this amp has never been used outside a studio environment (smoke free house, etc.), with the exception of by Bill Kelliher during a clinic at Stang Guitars last year. It had a power tube failure in 2019, said tubes were professionally replaced with JJs (which I consider a large improvement). The only blemish is a small mark in the tolex on the lower rear left side of the chassis, blended in with black ink (last photo).

Fairly firm on price, though I consider sensible offers. Trades-wise I'm open to Blackhawk and Science amps, mostly. It will ship in its original box with the original footswitch / cable and be certified bombproof. More photos available at the Reverb link.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. AesopRick

AesopRick New Member

I have a Fortin Cali (#68)with less than a dozen hours of playtime. its an amazing amp, just more loooking for, well, exactly this lol

hmu if interested and for pics, etc

3. Crash Dandicoot

Crash Dandicoot » Supra-ise!

@AesopRick Thanks for the offer, not overly into the Cali though.