/FT: BRJ Jekyll 727

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by Speculum Speculorum, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Speculum Speculorum

Speculum Speculorum SS.org Regular

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Bernie Rico Jr. Jekyll 727
    Modifications (if any):
    Accessories (hardshell case etc): G&G Hardshell Case
    Location (City,State or City,Country): Nampa, ID
    International OK? : Only if you have serious references
    Contact Info (No Phone #s) PM here
    References (eBay or other forum userid): I've done business here, on several FB groups, and on FAS Forum
    Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $2,100
    Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What you are seeing here is a piece of controversial modern guitar history. My Bernie Rico Jr Jekyll 727 (26 3/16" scale). Charcoal finish, black gloss back and neck, mahogany body and beautiful maple top. Stainless frets on a gorgeous ebony board. I am the sole and original owner of this guitar and it has served me well. But I am moving it to help fund my transition over into a better electronic music setup.

The story is that this is one of the last guitars to come out of the BRJ custom shop before it all went south. It was delivered ahead of many orders and I have no idea how I was so lucky to get it while many never saw any guitars or their money back. It is a SOLID instrument, but has minor signs of use. A few chips in the clear are pictured, and there is a tiny patch of wear on the hipshot bridge. Loaded with a calibrated pair of bkp holydivers and a bkp volume pot. The tone pot was professionally unsoldered but is still in there. A very simple fix.

The only funky thing about it is the truss rod cavity was not sanded very well. Totally functional but the cavity itself is just kind of ugly looking. If that is too much for you to mentally handle while playing this ridiculous axe I don't know what to tell you. You couldn't tell unless you got into the cavity.
    A beautiful and incredibly stable instrument that comes with a brj fitted hardshell G&G case. I'll even throw in a bunch of custom sets of strings made for the guitar (Curt Mangan balanced tension sets). Buyer pays shipping. I will take interest in trades for the following items:

Axe-fx II XL(XL+), or AX8 + cash
    Strymon or other boutique (but readily sellable and not too niche) effects + cash

Keep in mind that any offers of trades are specifically for items that I might be able to turn around and sell immediately as I've liquidated all my electric guitar gear.

Prefer continental US unless buyer has legitimate and strong references from people I know.

I am open to reasonable offers, but know as I said, this is a legendary instrument and will make just as good a conversation piece as it will a performing instrument. The looks of it alone drop jaws every time I've been in a public place with it.

Also, sometimes my imgur links on this site fail. So if you're interested and the pictures are not showing up, PM me and we'll get you some pictures.

EDIT UPDATE!

I haven't had this guitar out of it's case in well over a month (these pictures are several weeks old) and as I was going over it again this evening I realized I had missed some clear coat and slight paint damage on the back of the guitar. As a result of the accumulated damage to the instrument I've decided to reduce the price of the guitar to $2,100 as I believe it warrants it. Believe me when I say I try to be as thorough as possible when I'm taking pictures of the equipment I'm selling and I would never intentionally leave anything out. I also go over anything I ship with a fine-tooth comb prior to shipping it and notify the potential buyer of ANY oddities that I may have missed. Below is the additional pictured damage:

[​IMG]

2. Volteau

Volteau the Bard

Pics ain't working for me :(

3. Speculum Speculorum

PM'ed

4. Speculum Speculorum

Bump.

For what it's worth, pictures appear to be functioning fine as long as I am viewing this site from a computer. There does seem to be some issues from my phone, so I would assume others on a phone might have some problems. However, if you can't see pictures and you are truly interested (please don't contact me unless you are serious), PM me with an email address and I will gladly send you as many pictures as you want.

5. Speculum Speculorum

6. Speculum Speculorum

This is, as of now, pending payment.

7. Speculum Speculorum

Well as far as I can tell the guy that was insistent on buying this guitar has disappeared into the aether. Hoping he's just had a few crazy days but kind of assuming he's bailed out because I haven't heard from him. So I'm going with "still available".

8. Speculum Speculorum

OK. I'm ready to be out of this thing. I've permanently dropped the price to $1,950 + shipping, which you can figure is going to be roughly $50-70 depending upon how fast you want it.

9. Speculum Speculorum

10. Speculum Speculorum

Sold pending payment.