FS: Bare Knuckle Pickups (Painkiller, Nailbomb, Warpig, etc)

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by zimbloth, Mar 18, 2008.

1. martinezdecap

martinezdecap Member

im about 90% sure i want bare knuckle aftermath pick ups on my schecter blackjack atx c-7. do you think that would be a good fit with my guitar? i dont feel as if duncan blackouts are giving me that crunchy tight dynamic burst i want into my guitar. i was wondering what your thoughts would be about it? how much cheaper would the total cost be coming from you?

2. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

Yeah the Aftermaths much tighter and clearer than the Blackouts. They are a great fit for mahogany guitars like your Schecter. I could do the calibrated 7-string AM set for you at $269.99. This is a good deal cheaper than if you bought them direct, and thats before factoring in the fees/unfavorable exchange rates your card's issuing bank will assess.

For more info get in touch with me directly :)

3. zimbloth

4. severussnape

severussnape SS.org Regular

That's some epic mojo right there. Glad to see a particularly useful update to the site.

5. zimbloth

Yeah, another cool thing is BKP raised their prices on Jan 1st. The prices I have listed on the order form are last year's prices. Going to try to ride it out with less margins for a while and see how things go. I hate price increases as much as you all.

6. zimbloth

Update: There are 4 parcels full of BKPs waiting for me at the post office, but unfortunately we are suffering our 88th crippling snowstorm of the year up here currently, so I won't get to collect them until after. I'll be shipping everything out most likely on Thursday :)

7. severussnape

severussnape SS.org Regular

Yall have had some crazy weather up there. Makes me glad I live in the south!

Stay safe Nick. Can't have you gettin hurt before we get our pups. :cool:

8. kmanick

kmanick Contributor

cool!
    hopefully there is something for me in there :)

9. zimbloth

Yeah tell me about it, man. I want to go back to California so fucking bad. I hate this place.

10. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

DAMN YOU SNOWWWW! yeah it's been somewhat snowy here too.

I hope my pups are in one of those parcels.

11. Celiak

Celiak SS.org Regular

I've never heard of someone going from CA to Boston and staying for more than 5 years. They all hate it. Although, you should count yourself lucky that you're not in Minnesota.

12. chrisrivas1

chrisrivas1 Well-Known Member

is there anywhere i can hear these different bare knuckle pickups? im searching but not finding anything. written reviews?

13. Fred

Fred SS.org Regular

Nolly recorded sound clips for all of them, which you can hear on the official Bareknuckle website: Bare Knuckle Pickups, UK - Hand Wound Guitar and Bass Pickups

Click on whatever kind of pickup you want (humbucker, single coil, etc.), then find the model you're interested in and click on that. On the right-hand side, underneath the frequencies graph, you should see "Sound Clips".

14. zimbloth

Nolly's clips are fantastic, definitely worth checking out. Also read reviews or talk to experts, as clips can be somewhat of a wild-card.

15. chrisrivas1

chrisrivas1 Well-Known Member

id love your advice man, im into tight bottom end chunky detuned riffs, faster tight metal riffage, and extreme shred sweeps taps and legato. i want an in your face lead tone easy pinch harmonics and super tight rhythms as well. hopefully also a clean tone and decent sustain! and thank you fred! im going to check em all out. i need a pickup for a 7, too. thanks yall!

16. zimbloth

I would need to know what guitar its for, as each pickup responds differently in different types of guitars. Let me know what guitars you are thinking of upgrading, and then I can give you my formal recommendations. Feel free to email/call as well (you can find my info on my website).

17. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

What do you guys recommend for modifying a Peavey Wolfgang with BKPs? It's an unfinished birdseye maple neck/fingerboard with basswood body. I have a few of these and I'd like to mod this one for a more metal sound... (FYI its flame green with regard to matching the covers).

As far as amps I have a few but I generally play through a Fireball 100 into a Mesa 4x12 or a Peavey 5150 combo with G12K-100 speakers.

I'm a decent players and I'd like something that complements this gear and I can get a nice punch-in-the-balls rhythm tone, but also tracks well and isn't boomy or sloppy sounding. I'm into the Scar Symmetry, Sacred Mother Tongue, In Flames sound nowadays... and I have other guitars for when I want to rock the vintage feel. Listening through comp speakers I couldn't really get much of a feel for the subtle differences betwen the pickups online... Aftermath seems like the way to go... maybe Painkiller? combo of the two?

:scratch:

Also, I have a JEM I'm thinking of mod'ing too if anyone has any advice... it has the Dimarzio Breed pickups and they just sound like regular PAFs to me.

18. zimbloth

I can definitely help you out with all of that. The fact you're also in Boston and also use a Fireball 100 like myself is a plus too!

For your basswood Wolfgangs, I would recommend the Aftermaths or ceramic Nailbombs. For the JEM, I'd go with the Holydivers.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or call 508-921-9973. You're also welcome to stop by the shop and we could go in depth about the pickups there as well. We also do pickup installs here if you need assistance there too.

19. zimbloth

Update: Whoa, like 5 boxes of BKPS showed up today randomly. I don't know why they all came bunched up like this while last week they came spread out, but so be it! Sorting/printing labels as we speak gentlemen!

[​IMG]

20. kmanick

kmanick Contributor

fingers crossed here!!!!! (geez are they all Aftermaths?? ) :lol: