Fortin 33!!!!

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Hayd, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Hayd

Hayd Active Member

If you're looking for a clean boost or to add some serious aggression to your amp... look no further! I cannot believe how fucking evil my amplifier(Randall T2) 20171226_183120.jpg 20171226_183130.jpg sounds now. I was so mad at myself for buying this pedal because I thought it cost too much. I'm telling you it's worth every dollar. Anybody that tells you that this pedal sucks needs their face kicked in. This is hands-down the absolute best boost I have ever used. Buy it now!!!

wakjob, lewis, mnemonic and 1 other person like this.
  2. FitRocker33

FitRocker33 My tone is tighter than my hamstrings

Make sure ya drop a line when you get back from your honeymoon!

Not that this pedal isn’t good but if i had a nickel for every time I had a piece of gear in the past that I was raving like a maniac about only to sell it months later. Time will tell if it truly TRULY makes the grade for a person.

Just my thoughts

3. Hayd

Hayd Active Member

Best boost on the market. Opinion won't change years from now. Only way I sell is if the blood bank stops giving cash for blood.

lewis likes this.
  4. Krucifixtion

Krucifixtion Duncan Hills

Still love my Fortin Grind even way way after the Honeymoon period. Would have purchased a 33 as well, but can't do that right now and the Grind is somewhat similar.

wakjob and lewis like this.
  5. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Great pedal when paired with the right amp. Love mine with my Dual Recto.

wakjob and cGoEcYk like this.
  6. Hayd

Hayd Active Member

If your amp is lose or too dark this is the absolute best pedal for you. It has this really cool sci-fi snarl attack that I really like.

beavis2306 likes this.
  7. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Im really tempted to pair one of these with my Marshall SLX 2100. No matter how much gear I acquire. Cranked Marshall is still special.

wakjob and lewis like this.
  8. beavis2306

beavis2306 Lusts for gear

What does this mean?

crankyrayhanky likes this.
  9. Hayd

Hayd Active Member

It means it has a very unique sound. Like very unique. It brings the highs up front and still keeps midbass attack with palm mutes. Hands down this is the best boost pedal you can buy on the market today

lewis and beavis2306 like this.
  10. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

@Hayd Im so glad you went with one and its worked out for you!.
    I would love to try one with my T2 but he is discontinuing them soon and I have a baby due anytime now with my partner so funds are just not available right now for me to drop on it haha.

Maybe in the future, long after its gone, I can either find a used one or go with a "Grind pedal".

Actually, do you have anyway to analyse its EQ curve?.
    If you could somehow tell me what its boosting/cutting I could replicate it inside my Kemper or with an eq pedal.

either way. Congrats and I cant wait to hear it!?!. Got any plans for a vid/tone demo

11. Hayd

Hayd Active Member

I'm a terrible guitar player that is originally a drummer LOL I have no type of recording equipment if I did do it demo video it would be recorded with a Samsung Note 8 which greatly disappoints anybody that wants to get a real demo of a piece of equipment. All I know is this pedals sounds absolutely fantastic with Randall amplifiers.

lewis likes this.
  12. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Very cool, glad you like it man.

13. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I have read that the 33 pedal is basically a TC Electronic Integrated Pre with hard-wired bass and treble controls running at a higher voltage. You might be able to dial in something similar with an EQ. Increase the output on the EQ about 20db, then mess with low and hi shelving filters until you get something similar.

14. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

On another forum some people have got inside pictures and were speculating and tracing part of the circuit that are visible, though nobody has disassembled one and traced the whole thing.

Both the grind and 33 have an LT1054 charge pump and judging by the amount of diodes and caps around it I would guess it’s operating at around 30 volts. It also does appear to be an integrated preamp clone, parts of the circuit can be recognised. There may also be some other tweaks.

My 7 band eq sounds similar when I push the lowest two or three bands to 0, and notch up the 1.6k slider, and then put the level slider all the way up. Not as much volume on tap and not as clean though, with a higher voltage power supply it would probably get closer.

wakjob likes this.
  15. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

Yeah, I have seen that. I don't think it has been 100% traced yet, but enough has that it is safe to say that is what it is. All of the basic topology is there.

16. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

do either of those forums, share specific EQ settings?.
    Im basically after someone just telling me the exact EQ affects its having, so I can replicate it inside the Kemper.
    We know its 20db signal boost for a fact.

17. stratjacket

stratjacket Lost in a loop

All reviews I’ve seen, it’s a really cool pedal. I have the Grind and like it ok, so never went with the 33, but would like to try 1 one day.

18. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Arrrrr... you're killing me.

I want/don't need (or want) either the 33 or Grind.

...you know...just to try.

technomancer likes this.
  19. op1e

op1e Spirit Taker

So what are the hard wired bass and treble controls set too then if its an Integrated Pre? Too bad they didn't leave those intact too, at least as internal trims.