Fortin "33" pedal is in-stock again.

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by ChugThisBoy, May 15, 2019.

1. ChugThisBoy

ChugThisBoy SS.org Regular

Yup. You can grab one while they're available so you don't need to spend at least $500 on the pedal :D

LeftOurEyes likes this.
  2. LeftOurEyes

LeftOurEyes SS.org Regular

Its hilarious that there are already 2 different people trying to unload theirs real quick for $650-700 before unsuspecting people notice that you can get them again. Both were listed around the time that Fortin announced it on social media sites earlier today (or yesterday now at this point) lol.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Razerjack likes this.
  3. Apex1rg7x

Apex1rg7x Agent of Chaos

I ordered one this morning just for the hell of it. Kinda thinking I should've went with the Blade though :scratch:

4. ChugThisBoy

ChugThisBoy SS.org Regular

It's just sad. This is a great pedal for sure but $300 is a max. I was about to get one too but shipping and taxes would kill me.

lewis likes this.
  5. LCW

LCW Member

I got one as well, because I always wanted one, but in no way was going to pay the inflated prices. Hopefully this kills that silly market, but I suspect if this second run sells out, we'll be right back to price gouging on Reverb/eBay. Although there will be more out in the wild so demand should go down with this second run.

PS - i'm sure you can call Fortin and switch your order to a Blade if that's what you really want (more adjustment). I already have a Savage Drive, so could use a boost like this (had a Grind a while back but sold it).

Apex1rg7x likes this.
  6. LCW

LCW Member

We should all spam these fuckers with $1 offers... fuck I hate greedy bastards like that!!!

setsuna7 likes this.
  7. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Ironically I had listed mine for $300 and change earlier in the afternoon before I saw them go up... now price dropped for less than new :lol:

8. LCW

LCW Member

You're a good man! ;)

9. technomancer

Let's face it anybody that pays over new for something that is in stock is just being taken advantage of, and that's just not cool.

sirbuh, Empryrean, LCW and 5 others like this.
  10. kingpinMS3

kingpinMS3 dumb, but harmless

[​IMG]

sirbuh likes this.
  11. Apex1rg7x

Apex1rg7x Agent of Chaos

Anyone have experience with a 33 into an EVH 50 watter? I have heard it cuts the bass frequencies pretty bad.

12. jwiltz2072

jwiltz2072 SS.org Regular

I ran the 33 into a Mark IV and yes, it cuts a ton of bass. IMHO, you really have to be going for that sound. It wasnt very versatile. I own a EVH 50w and I can see where it would do the same to that amp. On the other hand, I bought the Blade and love it.

USMarine75 and Apex1rg7x like this.
  13. technomancer

Yeah I loved the 33 with my Recto when that was the tone I was looking for. It's a specific thing and not something I would do into a brighter amp. I can't see running it into a Mark or 5153.

Apex1rg7x likes this.
  14. LeftOurEyes

LeftOurEyes SS.org Regular

One of them already deleted his listing and the other one lowered his $100. Don't think their ploy worked out for them lol. The one that is still there was trying to charge $10 for shipping still when the price was $700 too haha greedy bastards.

15. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

Anyone use one with a momentary switch? I looks like it can be set up for that.

I'm kinda interested to try it so that I can have my amp/guitar set up for "normal" tones but quickly press my foot on something to chug on the 8th string and then step off when riffing on the other seven strings again.

Curious if that idea seems functional or if the pedal causes such drastic changes in tone/volume that it would end up sounding awful.

16. technomancer

The only way you could do this is to put it in the loop of a loop pedal with a momentary switch to turn the loop on and off. The on / off for the pedal is a normal click on/off switch. The switching option is for channel switching a guitar amp that has a single channel switch so when you turn the pedal on it switches the amp.

cardinal and StevenC like this.
  17. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I thought it worked the other way, that the aux jack was for switching your amps channel so you can could from clean to distortion+pedal with one press.

EDIT::ninja:

cardinal and technomancer like this.
  18. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

D'oh. That's what I get for not reading it carefully. Thanks for setting me straight guys.

19. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

Strongly considering getting one of these. I'm really enjoying using an old Ibanez PQL pedal to do something similar (dumping the low end under 75 hz, boosting a fairly narrow midrange band, and giving a slight bump to the 5.6k high end). I assume the TC Integrated Pre/Grind/33 is doing something like that but maybe more extreme.

20. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

The Grind/33 start cutting around 400hz iirc. The tc integrated preamp though is obviously more adjustable and can be set less aggressive.

I haven’t seen inside a Blade yet but I presume it’s just a straight tc pre clone, maybe with some minor changes (change to pot taper for the bass control would probably be beneficial). Certainly more tweakable.

cardinal and HeHasTheJazzHands like this.