Formula One thread

r33per

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You know, he still might not win the championship, but if there is a weekend that sums up the racing career of Lewis Hamilton, then Sao Paolo 2021 would be the front runner.

G.O.A.T.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
I like this sport again. GOAT.

Also, Max should have just crashed into Lewis because he wasn't getting any penalties this weekend. The wing, running Bottas off the road like he was Ocon, running Lewis off the road with some nonsense, weaving like a maniac. 50k euro and a black and white flag.

Last edited:

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
I like this sport again. GOAT.

Also, Max should have just crashed into Lewis because he wasn't getting any penalties this weekend. The wing, running Bottas off the road like he was Ocon, running Lewis off the road with some nonsense, weaving like a maniac. 50k euro and a black and white flag.

That incident with Lewis not being investigated was bullshit, he was in the inside line and managed to go wide past the track limit at the end of the turn with someone next to him, that is some dangerous driving

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
It's a real sad state of affairs that Zhou is getting the drive, but he'll be absolutely crushed by Bottas and learn you can't buy pace. Much like M****** learned.

Of course, it turned out all our fears about M******'s driving standards were unwarranted because we've already got Max driving like that, and he's the guy F1 is branding as the new messiah. So whatever worst case Zhou brings, I'm sure we already have covered.

Werecow

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's a real sad state of affairs that Zhou is getting the drive, but he'll be absolutely crushed by Bottas and learn you can't buy pace. Much like M****** learned.

Of course, it turned out all our fears about M******'s driving standards were unwarranted because we've already got Max driving like that, and he's the guy F1 is branding as the new messiah. So whatever worst case Zhou brings, I'm sure we already have covered.
Lot's of people (including pundits) are just putting it down to "that's just Max" whenever he does something dangerous now. It's in the rules that you have to leave a car's width space on the edge of the track. Apparently now it's ok to drive 20 foot off the track yourself, in the process of pushing your opponent off.
I wouldn't be surprised if Max seriously injures someone (or worse) at some point in his career doiing this.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Lot's of people (including pundits) are just putting it down to "that's just Max" whenever he does something dangerous now. It's in the rules that you have to leave a car's width space on the edge of the track. Apparently now it's ok to drive 20 foot off the track yourself, in the process of pushing your opponent off.
I wouldn't be surprised if Max seriously injures someone (or worse) at some point in his career doiing this.
This is the same dude that ran Bottas off the road in Monza one year and it was killing racing when he was penalised, but when it's Max overtaking a crash is "what you get when you don't leave the space". I have to say that this is partially the fault of Masi's race direction. Charlie had Max's number and wasn't afraid to penalise him so he was reasonably well behaved in the second half of 2018. But then since Austria 2019 he gets away with anything.

EDIT: So, uh, Max's onboard is pretty damning. Literally Rosberg Austria/Germany 2016 levels of attempt to make the corner.

Last edited:

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
So now the FIA faces another road block in crowning Max champion because he didn't lift while double yellows were being waved. How will they avoid giving a penalty for that?

r33per

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So now the FIA faces another road block in crowning Max champion because he didn't lift while double yellows were being waved. How will they avoid giving a penalty for that?
SIT BACK IN SHAME, OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH, FOR THE FIA HAVE SPOKEN!

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
I would like to reiterate that the fastest lap point is a joke and doesn't make any sense in the current formula.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Just 15 laps in and I want to bang my head on my desk for not being able, yet again, to watch this race as I'm working

The live commentaries alone makes it super intense, second red flag already

Werecow

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Verstappen is an absolute maniac. Terrible driving at the first corner. Overtaking off the track and then rejoining unsafely, should have been two penalties.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Max should have gotten a 25 second penalty for the way he gave that position, Spa 2008 style. What a dirty driver. I hope he never succeeds at anything.

Just watched a replay of that incident, seriously what the fuck was Max thinking? When you get a slow down, you can't just jump on the break right in front of the guy following you, there is no way he didn't knew Lewis was right there, that is some unsportsmanship behavior if I ever saw any.

I ain't no Hamilton fan, but damn is Max one piece of crap guy, a very talented driver with no respect for the others.

Edit: Toto Wolff's reaction in slow motion is absolute gold material

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Just watched a replay of that incident, seriously what the fuck was Max thinking? When you get a slow down, you can't just jump on the break right in front of the guy following you, there is no way he didn't knew Lewis was right there, that is some unsportsmanship behavior if I ever saw any.

I ain't no Hamilton fan, but damn is Max one piece of crap guy, a very talented driver with no respect for the others.

Edit: Toto Wolff's reaction in slow motion is absolute gold material
It's really hard to root for Max when he keeps crashing into people and getting his dad TV time. That and the slurs.

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I am just confused. I have no idea what I just watched.
The SkyUK commentary was interesting in that they were saying the drivers all thought some of this crapshoot could happen during the drivers' briefing after P3/Quallies.

Some really odd decisions by many drivers, but WITAF Max?!? So unnecessary and dangerous.