Formula One thread

SD83

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Judging by the highlights... what a race.
But what was Russell thinking when he overtook everyone in the pit lane?

r33per

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh dear, Aston Martin.

A classic case of by having your man fight for the win, you've actually ended up losing everything. Probably 2 laps fuel save would have done it.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Terrifying crash in W-Series today at Spa. As much as we all love that corner, it needs a serious redesign and adding gravel traps isn't going to help.

r33per

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Terrifying crash in W-Series today at Spa. As much as we all love that corner, it needs a serious redesign and adding gravel traps isn't going to help.
Yeah it was pretty nasty - glad all the drivers have checked out OK.
Then followed by the crash in qually today, also a sore one. I'm no engineer, but without a fundamental redesign, what can be done?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My friend missed the race yesterday and has avoided all spoilers until now when he has seen that the race was recorded at over 4 hours, and is currently very excited for what must have been a spectacle for the ages.
:rofl:

r33per

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My friend missed the race yesterday and has avoided all spoilers until now when he has seen that the race was recorded at over 4 hours, and is currently very excited for what must have been a spectacle for the ages.
My brother and his wife were playing catch up with qually and the race yesterday evening. I couldn't bring myself to make him sit through it all so i at least told him that between 2pm and 5pm uk time they completed 2 laps behind the SC.

Then the 4 hour limit clicked...

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
My brother and his wife were playing catch up with qually and the race yesterday evening. I couldn't bring myself to make him sit through it all so i at least told him that between 2pm and 5pm uk time they completed 2 laps behind the SC.

Then the 4 hour limit clicked...
You are clearly much less sadistic than I am

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Hey, he was the one that said "no spoliers" and I dutifully obliged, meaning he still watched the "race" :D
That I did! He has now finished after skipping through some parts of the red flag and giving up on spoilers after the "race" section of the 4 hours.

Incidentally, has anyone seen how F1 has been manipulating Hamilton's comments on the race to remove how negative he's been about this farce? Much like when Sainz wasn't fussed on the sprint race, but they just left that out to get a better headline.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Me as well, but I’m already in the habit of fast forwarding through any red flag/cars not being on the track. So it only cost me about 30min.

That I did! He has now finished after skipping through some parts of the red flag and giving up on spoilers after the "race" section of the 4 hours.

Incidentally, has anyone seen how F1 has been manipulating Hamilton's comments on the race to remove how negative he's been about this farce? Much like when Sainz wasn't fussed on the sprint race, but they just left that out to get a better headline.

Lewis is definitely pissed for losing points over something dumb and while I find it hilarious that it worked out for RB. Lewis isn’t wrong. And he’s shared his opinions on Instagram to his millions of followers twice now. So he’s not just talking to press, he’s sharing on social media as well. I’d be pissed if I dropped 600€ on a 4 hour rain shower.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Me as well, but I’m already in the habit of fast forwarding through any red flag/cars not being on the track. So it only cost me about 30min.

Lewis is definitely pissed for losing points over something dumb and while I find it hilarious that it worked out for RB. Lewis isn’t wrong. And he’s shared his opinions on Instagram to his millions of followers twice now. So he’s not just talking to press, he’s sharing on social media as well. I’d be pissed if I dropped 600€ on a 4 hour rain shower.
Yeah, they can't stop him on his Instagram. But in their driver reaction video on YouTube for example, the cut is very clear in his interview and it is incredibly short for a driver who usually doesn't have a problem giving longer responses like he gave on the podium.

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I held back from reading or watching anything. I recorded the race tried to watch it but Foxtel (cable tv) doesn't auto extend live sport recording.
Blah blah fast forward, got to the end of the 2.5 hours of recording and nothing.

Made my wife watch the news sports report to find out if I should find a version online to watch. What a waste of time.
At least I didn't sit there for 4 hours for that.
I certainly feel for the crowd who spent big bucks and time sitting in that weather.

Now to find some articles of the comments you have all been discussing.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Having been at the 2015 USGP, I sort of have a different perspective about this race. The fans didn't get a race, but they got to be at what will undoubtedly be an event remembered for decades. I'm still really disappointed they cancelled the buses to the track in Austin so I didn't get to be at the track for the Saturday of nothing that year.

Still sucks and they should get refunded.