For You Star Wars FANS! STAR WARS REVELATIONS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WayneCustom7, Jul 18, 2005.

1. WayneCustom7

WayneCustom7 Paolo Contributor

Star Wars Revelations

This was done by some guy who spent 20g's of his own wedge, his wife a costmue designer did the costumes and he had friends who did all of the CG work after hours...it takes place after the third episode...enjoy!

Oh here is a link that explains things better

Link that explains things better

2. Vince

Vince Contributor

I saw an interview with the guy, I still can't believe he did all that for 20 grand. Lucas is wasting his money having all his effects done by ILM!

3. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

I have been trying to download that for weeks. It's supposed to be good.

4. WayneCustom7

WayneCustom7 Paolo Contributor

I watched around 10 min.'s worth at work :nono: and the suspense is killing me, obviously the dead giveaway is the acting/actors, other than that the whole thing is amazing! Man I feel like a tool now, I can't even record a simple track on PC :wallbash:

5. macalpine88

macalpine88 SS.org Regular

:eek: Holy crap that is freaking amazing.

6. Vince

Vince Contributor

I agree. The space battle in the shipyard is amazing, and ranks right up there with the Lucas films.

7. macalpine88

macalpine88 SS.org Regular

Yeah, it is truly amazing what he did. Is he making any money off of this at all? To me it seems like a waste spending 20Gs while over 1,000,000 people downloaded it if your not making anything.

8. Vince

Vince Contributor

He had the money and wanted to make his own piece of art. He's totally taking a loss on this, but it may pay off for him in the long run in the way of an actual job for a moviemaker.

9. Vince

Vince Contributor

If you can get past the acting and just listen for the plot, it's actually a pretty good story too. I like it. I especially like the EU-ish addition of "The Emperor's Hand" character, which brought me back to some older books with Mara Jade (later Mara Jade Skywalker) in them. Good stuff. :yesway:

10. eleven59

eleven59 None shall pass. Contributor

I've watched half of it so far. Amazing considering what they had to work with!

I mean, some of the acting's pretty dry, and some major characters (Darth Vader, the Emperor, etc.) are a little jarring because they're not quite exactly right :lol: The occasional effect looks a little video-game-ish, and the music is a little sub-par. The main theme sounds a little off, mainly the overall mix sounds less..."big" or something than the real thing, and other moments borrow heavily from the soundtracks of other movies. It sounds like someone put it together with some really decent samplers/sequencers. I've heard some amazing stuff done that way before, and this ranks up there since I can't fully tell sometimes whether it's a real orchestra, samples from the actual soundtracks, or synth/samples. Same goes for the sound effects: can't tell if they made them from scratch, or if they lifted them from the movies/games.

11. Regor

Regor Double Edge FTW Contributor

Considering it's a fan film I think it's pretty freakin amazing. I know I couldn't have pulled something like that off!

The only gripe I have isn't with the acting or sounds or anything like that. It's the plot itself. Anakin was supposed to bring 'balance' to the force, which the Jedi thought to mean the elimination of the Sith, but really meant 2 of each, Jedi & Sith. Which was accomplished at the end of Epi III. So where'd all these other 'Jedi' come from? That doesn't 'flow' with the storyline of the real Star Wars movies, so that's my only gripe.

12. Vince

Vince Contributor

Wrong!! :fawk:

The jedi let the force flow through them, using it only for knowledge and efense. The sith manipulate the force and use it for their own good. To bring balance to the force, the sith must be eliminated.

Anakin does bring balance to the force by killing Darth Sidious and Darth Vader in one move in Return of the Jedi. Anakin eliminates the sith, bringing balance to the force.

What you have there in your post, however, is a common misconception that a lot of people have. Simply put, uh, it's not that simple :D

Also, as far as where the jedi came from, have you seen Episode III? Obi Wan and Yoda fix the homing beacon in the Jedi Temple to warn "any surviving jedi" to stay away.

In fact, there is going to be a 100 episode TV series directed by Mark Hamil and Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) that talks about the remaining Jedi and what happens to them between Episode III and IV. Good stuff, I'm definitely looking forward to it. Revelations, as EU, actually fits nicely in with the upcoming TV series.

13. Regor

IMO, I don't agree with your 'translation' of it. I see your point, but I don't think that's right. That'd be like having a + without a -, the Sun without the Moon, light without dark. Good without bad. Yoda said in Epi I, there are always 2 Sith, a Master and an Apprentice. So the Force was unbalanced by having only 2 'dark' Sith, and X amount of 'light' Jedi. Also, in the books that happen after the 6th movie, Luke turns to the Dark Side... and since Leia has 'Jedi' blood, this evens the Force back out, does it not?

As for the beacon in the temple to warn 'any surviving Jedi', that's something they did 'in case' there were surviving Jedi... doesn't mean there 'is'... it's just something they did 'if' there were... which, imo, there wasn't.

14. Vince

Vince Contributor

15. Vince

Vince Contributor

Hey Regor, check this thread out:

http://www.nightly.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/28443.html?

Mind you, your idea is valid and a lot of people believe that, it's just not what Lucas has said himself.

I'll reprint the best thing someone said from that thread:

Originally posted by Droideka88:
    this whole prophecy business is straight out of classical mythology. Prophecies are always completed, despite whatever people do to stop them. And for the most part, prophecies only come true WHEN people try to prevent them. And when people interfere, terrible things happen (Oedipus Rex, King Arthur, Harry Potter, etc.)

The whole Chosen One legend is a classical literary motif. Everyone believes it to be literal, "Anakin will bring balance, he will destroy the Sith." It all sounds good, but like any prophecy, it never goes quite that easily.

And yes, "bring balance" means NO SITH. It doesn't mean this idea that there are 2 sith and 2 jedi - thats not balanced! Equal numbers, yes, but is the Force in balance? No. The Jedi take from the Force and give back to the Force by doing good and protecting life. Thats a balance, take and give back. The Sith, however, take from the Force and do evil, destroy life. Thus they are not giving back to the Force, thus the Force is UNBALANCED as long as the Sith exist. Anakin destroys the Sith, once and for all (even though it takes longer than anyone thought and causes much more destruction than imaginable), and he restores balance.

Whether or not Lucas had the "prophecy" idea since the beginning, he has made it work through all 6 films. Its not something limited to the prequels, its relevant to the entire saga.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16. Laren

Laren Symphonic Black Metal!

this shit is hot! The acting wasn't as bad as i was expecting from your descriptions, although the look and sound of the Emperor just made me laugh.

17. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

Regor, Vince is actually right. Yoda and the others were correct in thinking that Anakin would bring balance to the Force.

How he did it really through them off though, as it didn't happen until Epi VI. He just happened to first kill off the majority of Jedi, enslave the galaxy for years until his kid gave him a swift kick in the spiritual ass to finally snap out of it and dump Palpi into the interstellar dumpster.

But he did bring balance to the Force.

It was kinda like killing a fly with a bazooka. Yeah, in the end the fly's dead, but you really fucked up a lot of other stuff while you're at it. :lol:

18. Regor

If that's true, and that's the way Lucas wanted it, then why the hell did the books after Epi VI have Luke go to the Dark Side? I just personally don't buy it.

19. eleven59

eleven59 None shall pass. Contributor

Did George Lucas write the books?

20. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

It's been often said that the EU, no matter how cool it is, sometimes deviates from GL's "vision". Or sometimes the EU tries to fall in line with GL, and then GL changes something else.

It's like Lucas enjoys fucking with them. :lol:

Call me not picky, but I enjoy all of it, regardless of the storyline conflicts.