Floyd Rose uneven

Xaeldaren

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey all! I got a guitar a while back which was my first Floyd-equipped guitar in about 10 years. As you can imagine, it's been a wild ride learning just how much a noob I am. Currently this is how it's looking to get things level:

floyd1.jpg

floyd2.jpg

floyd3.jpg

I'm about to change the string guage to 9s from 10s, and I presume the screw set up at the back is going to cause me a bunch of problems.

Muzz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The fact that they are so skew at the back is certainly not helping.
In your photographed situation, the strings are exerting more tension than the springs in the cavity. Screw in that longer screw such that it's the same distance away as the short one, though you might need to back out the short one depending on the tension, you'll get an idea for it.
If however you find that you cannot screw in the claw far enough, move the outer two springs to the 2nd notch from the edge. By angling them you will get more tension. All this and more in many youtube videos, set aside a couple of hours, get your tools ready and take it easy :)

Stemp Fester

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
All of those springs look to be different lengths to me, and the screws are clearly different so replacing them all with a set of matched springs and screws would be a good start. I'm assuming this is a second-hand guitar and TBH it looks like the trem might be a replacement for whatever was on there originally so who knows what else is going on there...