Flight simulators

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by foxyfluff, Aug 5, 2020.

1. foxyfluff

foxyfluff SS.org Regular

Choop likes this.
  2. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

I’ve always liked flight simulators, but failed to see the allure without combat involved. I used to play tons of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 modded to high hell with all kinds of additional planes, and lately War Thunder.

3. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

I'm gearing up to do a killer build for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 with the new Nvidia 3080 (just announced today). Figured why not get more bang for my buck so I am going to do the build as two separate SSD's each with Windows 10 installs and replace my DAW. My current DAW is an i7 4790K and I'll be going to the i9-10850K so it will be a massive upgrade for my music writing.

Even without combat I see plenty of appeal in it as the graphics now are so insanely realistic plus I've always wanted to fly. Since I love travelling so much it will be cool to somewhat travel virtually during Covid when I basically can't really go anywhere. Now the wait till the 3080 is available to buy.

Rev.

budda likes this.
  4. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

I played it in like '94 on my dad's work mac :lol:.

Adieu likes this.