Fishman Fluence midrange honk?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by sevenfoxes, Jun 22, 2021.

1. InfinityCollision

InfinityCollision SS.org Regular

Cycfi sort of lets you do this with the upcoming XR2.

Definitely not a fan of the Moderns and wish the Agile I picked up recently didn't have them. Thankfully pickups are replaceable, but I do wish I had something better in the meantime.

2. angl2k

angl2k SS.org Regular

Oh, bummer. Could've sworn I saw a vid of Keith Merrow where the Fishman rep adjusted some settings and the pups sounded different in the video.

So in 2022: build to order Fishman™ pickups :)

3. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

They probably use some shit that has to be tethered to a computer and/or power source. The standard Fluences already draw a shit ton of power (only last 200 hrs vs the 3000 for a set of classic EMGs or even the 1700 hours of Blackouts or the newer EMGs.)

4. hensh!n

hensh!n SS.org Regular

Right. It depends on the context. The Open Core bridge pickup is very clear on V1. Kind of lacking everywhere else. For me that sums up a lot of the Fishman stuff, excellent in one or two contexts, but lacking in every other. I could never find that sweet spot. If anything, I've had more success adjusting my passive pickup height and properly selecting/setting the amp.

Spaced Out Ace and sevenfoxes like this.