Fishman Fluence midrange honk?

InfinityCollision

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think the Fluence would be a killer product if they release the software to program the EQ curve to the public. Tweak it to your liking, maybe release the original pickup line as a preset etc.
Cycfi sort of lets you do this with the upcoming XR2.

Definitely not a fan of the Moderns and wish the Agile I picked up recently didn't have them. Thankfully pickups are replaceable, but I do wish I had something better in the meantime.

angl2k

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
But then, you need to have their equipment to print the boards. And you need to buy the "blank" boards, too.

It's not modeling technology that you just program an eq curve to hardware.

Oh, bummer. Could've sworn I saw a vid of Keith Merrow where the Fishman rep adjusted some settings and the pups sounded different in the video.

So in 2022: build to order Fishman™ pickups :)

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh, bummer. Could've sworn I saw a vid of Keith Merrow where the Fishman rep adjusted some settings and the pups sounded different in the video.

So in 2022: build to order Fishman™ pickups :)

They probably use some shit that has to be tethered to a computer and/or power source. The standard Fluences already draw a shit ton of power (only last 200 hrs vs the 3000 for a set of classic EMGs or even the 1700 hours of Blackouts or the newer EMGs.)

hensh!n

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That was my main amp when I had the Fishman Open Core pups. I really enjoyed the clarity, but everything else was big time fail.

I could see how Moderns would work really well with a rectifier though.

Right. It depends on the context. The Open Core bridge pickup is very clear on V1. Kind of lacking everywhere else. For me that sums up a lot of the Fishman stuff, excellent in one or two contexts, but lacking in every other. I could never find that sweet spot. If anything, I've had more success adjusting my passive pickup height and properly selecting/setting the amp.