Fishman Fluence Classic/Merrow/Reyes in Fanned Fret Guitars?

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by MarvinMu, Oct 17, 2020.

1. MarvinMu

MarvinMu SS.org Regular

Hey,

I wanted to changed my Pickups to some Fishman Fluences and had the choice between the Abasis and the Reyes. I'd like the passive voicings more than the active ones, so I decided to go for the Reyes Fluences. They arrived friday and I took some pictures of how they'd line up in my multiscale guitar. Granted on the official website they say that Class Reyes etc. wont work with multiscale guitars, so they suggest the modern series. Does anyone of you have experience with Reyes/Merro/Classic Fluences in multiscale guitars?

I already talked to some people, but I'm always thankful for more opinions or experiences to share to minimize the risk of a total (moneywise) desaster after the build in :).

Here are the pitures i made to give an impression of how they'd line up.

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

3. MarvinMu

MarvinMu SS.org Regular

I'd like to delete the old one, because its a lot more concrete right now. And i also care for experiences with merrow and Classics as well, which wasnt stated in the Original thread.
    I have a meeting with the luthier on tuesday the 27th. So maybe i can get some experiences before that date.
    Still i fully understand your Point here.

4. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

that actually looks like it will probably be fine. you're angle doesn't look that severe. I'd be a little bit concerned about the seventh string. and the neck looks a bit more angled then the bridge,.

5. Chris Bowsman

Chris Bowsman Nu-Metal Apologist Contributor

If you have the pickups there, why not try them? Loosen the strings, remove the screws holding the pickup in, unplug and swap.

6. MarvinMu

MarvinMu SS.org Regular

I have to solder the new ones and i cant do that at all

7. Chris Bowsman

I haven't taken mine out, but I thought Fishman had the quick connects like EMG.

8. MarvinMu

MarvinMu SS.org Regular

And which voicing is set as default?
    Gonna Check it out but i'm really dumb and untalented when it comes to those technical things

9. Chris Bowsman

Don’t know, but opening it up like I described above wouldn’t take long, and would answer the question.

10. MarvinMu

MarvinMu SS.org Regular

I read about it, it seems like its not 1:1 tramsferable because tje fishman need a grounding cable or sth. Which the emgs dont need and have.

11. Marv Attaxx

Marv Attaxx SS.org Regular

Never tried those pickups in that scenario but I once had a multiscale guitar with a straight-scale pickup in about the same angel as your guitar. Didn't make a perceivable difference across the strings. I think you're good as long as all of the strings are within the magnetic field of the pickups.

12. MarvinMu

MarvinMu SS.org Regular

I will tell my experiences of the reyes on multiscale after the swap. Gonna bring Everything to the luthier on tuesday and will make some DIs ( because I havent found any reyes DI publicly shared). I hope i can help others in my situation this way.

13. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

It should sound fine, people make a big deal over having the pole pieces perfectly line up with the strings but I've never heard a difference, especially with active pickups like those.

I put a Reyes set in my 080 and love the sound, hope it works for you!

HellaSickTight likes this.