First Seven String (Sgr c-7, Rg7321, Omen 7 or others...)

Deguown

Reaction score
Hello, I'm planning on buying a 7 string someday and I was wondering if I should only spend around $200 on a sgr c-7 or $450 on a Rg7321. Would it be worth spending 250$ more for a Rg7321? Can anyone tell me the differences between the two guitars? By the way: My main guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul. Also, if this information is relevent, I'm probably gonna tune my 7 string half a step down to play Songs from bands like CC and to write my own songs.

sweepingDemon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
DO NOT get the sgr, there is now many manufactures making 7 strings for the same price such has ibanez, jackson and esp. if you only want to spend a little check their budget 7's or just get the 7321 as according to many on here it is great with a pick up swap.

Deguown

Reaction score
I just found out about the Omen-7. It cost lower than the Rg7321 and, from what I saw, I wouldn't need to change the pickups. I don't think I want the Rg7321 finally, because I don't wanna have to spend more for a guitar that I will need to spend even more to replace the pickups.

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
RG7321 if you want a flatter neck, and the Omen 7 if you want a rounder neck.

Dont get too caught up about pickups until you decide if you even like 7 strings....

Styhn

Reaction score
I recently got an Omen 7 as my first seven string guitar and I must say that I'm digging it a lot. The round neck doesn't bother me one bit (even though my previous guitar, a cheap Ibanez RG220, had a flat neck), and I was actually surprised I had no trouble switching to this new type of neck... If you want to know more about this guitar then let me know!

Loganator259

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The 7321 is the best imo. But for the money, the SGR is surprisingly good, a friend of mine has one, and a local store had one and I was surprised how nice they both were for $200. I've only played one Omen, and it was alright too. But the 7321 is the nicest for sure.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
RG7321 for sure. There is a reason why there are several people on these forums who use these alongside their higher-end RG 7 strings.

7stringDemon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The pickups on the RG7321 are better than the ones in the two Schecters. Not by much, but enough to notice.

Just my opinion. The RG7321 is definitely the better guitar.

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
The RG7321 can be found pretty cheap used and is a great quality guitar for sure

erdiablo666

I'm from Canada...and they think I'm slow...eh
Reaction score
Get a 7321 bro. I have one and play it almost every day. I even find myself choosing it over much more expensive guitars that I own.

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
i am always a fan of schecters. every guitar i own is a schecter. but the 321 will beat out the sgr, and thats entirely understandable as it is quite a bit more expensive. you get what you pay for really at this price range.

JoeuJGM

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As many others have said, I would definitely go for a 7321. I found one used off of Guitar Center's website for $180(US) a month or so ago and I haven't put it down since. I was surprised that it came with a Dimarzio PAF7 in the bridge, which made even more of a deal! It's a quality instrument, and it holds up, quality wise, to my South Korean made Schecter Diamond Series Devil Custom easily. You can mod it to hell and back as well if you decide to stick with it, mine's still pretty stock compared to some I've seen
x6fpg8.jpg