First guitar thread!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by DrakkarTyrannis, May 14, 2019.

1. Vegetta

Vegetta Change Everything

Tokai Strat knock-off. It was a fantastic strat actually. Would like to get another some day.

Adieu likes this.
  2. tylerpond05

tylerpond05 Mormon Metalhead

My first guitar was an Epiphone SG Bully start pack. I somehow figured out how to ABY my amp with my brothers friend’s amp w/o an ABY pedal. I was just getting into Korn and getting into Metallica, thanks to “St. Anger” (which is crazy now that I think about that being the album that got me into Metallica and heavy music in general) I remember tuning that down to C# and rocking out. Now I’m usually rocking my Kiesel Vanquish 7 or Ibanez JS1000. Both are killer guitars, along with the rest of what I have in the stable.

3. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

A yamaha pacifica starter pack. This was a hug piece of crap.. for some reason the g string kept breaking. I replaced strings nearly every month on that guitar. Pickup selector switch broke after six months. Not my fault, the contacts were just bad I think. Sharp fret edges, couldn't stay in tune for 10 minutes... After a good year my parents got me a Epiphone G400 goth, that was a huge step up.
    After this, I advise every starter to leave the starter packs alone and ask a guitar playing friend you trust to buy you a second hand guitar instead.

Adieu likes this.
  4. PatientMental76

PatientMental76 SS.org Regular

1996 Epiphone Les Paul Special II traded it a year later strait up for an ounce of weed after i upgraded to a B.C. Rich Warlock so i think i made out of the deal because that weed came in handy when jamming on the new guitar!

Matt08642 likes this.
  5. LuciusBolt

LuciusBolt SS.org Regular

My first guitar was a generic Strat Copy that was black with a maple neck. I got that and a Marshall MG 30 DFX off the local classifieds in the newspaper. I had this guitar in Drop C and D at various points as well as Standard Tuning.

The best memory I had of this was when I was starting out trying to play Born Of Osiris's "Bow Down" off the New Reign Album. Also I remember trying to play stuff off Trivium's Ascendancy as well.

010.png
    Old photo from ages ago that I dug up.

Went from having only that to upgrading to a LTD MH Series guitar with a floyd special.

2016 - > 2019 basically

Sadly the Strat was taken apart after something got completely stuck in the tremolo.
    but that is a story for another time.