First ever full home recording production. Spare some feedback (Brand New cover)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Rizzo, May 13, 2017.

1. Rizzo

Rizzo SS.org Regular

So, one of my favourite ballads.
    First proper DAW recording. First ever vocal cover. First ever full production with mixing and mastering. Bunch of firsts there!
    Everything's been done at the best of my both poor present production skills and equipment, as a beginner. Also poor are my guitar playing skills :lol:, I'm so rusty.

There have been a lot of mistakes since the recording stage, like the bad idea of quad-tracking strummed acoustic guitar :wallbash:, or intentionally recording guitar DI and with dead strings (I just wanted to get it done, but I began to take it serously later on). Also bunch of phasing an missed sync on the guitars. That being said, I wanted to keep going nonetheless to gain some experience, I have to start somewhere after all.

Audio below. Gear in the YT description for the nerds like me. Any kind of constructive criticism, may it be on the performance or on the more technical side of things, is appreciated! I have lots to learn. Cheers.

2. IGC

IGC SS.org Regular

I really enjoyed this listening experience! Thanks

3. Akhenat0n

Akhenat0n SS.org Regular

I enjoyed it too. Thumbs up!

4. Rizzo

Rizzo SS.org Regular

Thanks guys. Bump for more opinions