Finally got to see my favorite band last night

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by NecroSamist, Dec 5, 2006.

1. NecroSamist

NecroSamist Necrophagist fanboy

Yeah! Last night was awesome, I finally got to see Necrophagist live (I hope theres a few other people here that like them, haha) It was an awesome show, and afterwards i got autographs and pictures with Sami, Stefan, and Hannes, (i'll have the pics soon, some of the actual show too if anyones interested) they said Muhammed had already left, which sucked, cause i really wanted to meet him.

It was still great though, i was about 3 feet away from the three guys mentioned above all night, hanging out with them at the merch table. It was funny as hell watching Stefan and Hannes making fun of Cannibal Corpse all night too, haha.

It's always such an inspiration to me getting to see a band i love live, especially when i've played on the same stage a few times myself (The New Daisy Theater in Memphis). Anyone else have and good stories about getting to meet a band they like or anything? I'd like to hear about it if you do!

2. Mark. A

Mark. A gang* 4 lyfe Contributor

Hell yeah, Necrophagist pwn, glad you had fun.

Btw, what did they say about CC :lol:

3. LordOVchaoS

LordOVchaoS NUDE MAN! Forum MVP

I saw them a few weeks ago. It was cool and Muhammed and Sami are far more skilled guitarists than Pat and Rob (cc) but truth be told Cannibal Corpse fucking SMOKED their asses. Muhhamed's tone sucked and they had NO stage presence. Cannibal Corpse's tone CRUSHED and the guys played a perfect set and kept it interesting. Lots of presence/energy.

4. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

What I'd like to know is why they were making fun of CC? :scratch:

I'm just starting to get into Necrophagist (never heard of them until recently), and I like what I hear. But I love CC. That just seems fucking odd.

5. NecroSamist

Haha, everytime they'd start playing blastbeats, Stefan's eyes would get huge and he'd play "air drums" with it for a mintue, then just shake his head and laugh, Hannes was pretending to sing along/air bass, they were both laughin their asses off the whole time CC was playin, i dunno, guess you just had to be there, it was funny as hell though.

EDIT: yeah, i know what you mean about Necrophagits's stage presence, but it seems like the stuff their playing is so difficult it's kinda hard to move around very much... just my opinion anyway.

And i don't think they were seriously "making fun" of CC, looked like they were just having a laugh, maybe i should've worded that differently...

6. Mark. A

Mark. A gang* 4 lyfe Contributor

Corpsegrinder should've pulverised them muhahahaaha

7. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

Ah, alright. Just good-natured ribbing. A staple of metal. :hbang:

8. NecroSamist

^ Yeah! that what i was meaning to say!