Fender/Squier Group

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Dawn of the Shred, Sep 24, 2013.

1. op1e

op1e Spirit Taker

Thought I put this here already, guess not. Partscaster, but I think its mostly bullet but not sure. Its not routed for trem and the strings go thru back of the bridge. Plays good enough, needs tuners. But thinking of putting the neck on a tele body instead.

Attached Files:

2. stevexc

stevexc SS.org Regular

The CVs kick so much ass. I compared an American Deluxe, American Standard, MIM Standard, Nashville Deluxe (MIM), CV50s, and a Bullet back-to-back (well, not entirely - the Nashville I played a month later when it showed up) when I was shopping for a Tele. The CV50s and the Nashville were the two that stood WAY out. The only reason I went for the Nashville over the CV50 was the middle pickup, the fact that it came with a case, and the neck profile.

I wouldn't necessarily call them "better than most MIMs" as a blanket statement, but they definitely hold their own.

3. source field

source field SS.org Regular

It happens, i've played Squiers that beat some MIM Strats. I played an MIJ '62 Fender Strat that was better than a Fender CS Strat and a Suhr Classic i played.
    My recently purchased $90 Squier Strat can hold its own against my $1300 American Standard Strat when it comes to playability :lol: :

[​IMG]

4. HUGH JAYNUS

HUGH JAYNUS I’m a grown ass man

just got my mexi Tele!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and Bare Knuckle just announced the single sized Blackhawk!!!

5. 0 Xero 0

0 Xero 0 SS.org Regular

I can only partially say thanks for the replies about the CVs. On one hand it's good to get more affirmation about the quality of them... On the other hand it makes me want a strat and tele more and I can't do anything about it right now T__T A sherwood green CV 50s strat is calling my name... :drool:

6. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I got a quick question related to the Squier Standard Strat.

Has anyone here seen the antique burst one in person? I'm curious to know if it appears red or brown in person. Some pictures appear red...

[​IMG]

And some appear brown...

[​IMG]

I'm trying my damndest to find a red burst Strat, but no luck. :(

7. Mordacain

Mordacain Formerly 1-watt brigadier

That finish is both red and brown. Antique Burst is alternatively referred to as a violin burst, in that it emulates that hand-rubbed varnish look which comes out a reddish brown. It looks cool in person. If you want a more red burst, there is a variation of the Sienna Sunburst in the Squier catalog but I can't remember which model it is on.

8. rekab

rekab SS.org Regular

All of the Antique Burst guitars Ive had in the shop were much more red than brown. I consider violin burst to be far more brown. The finish will vary slightly between guitars but we've sold a fair amount and all were mostly red to my eyes.

For example: This was taken on my iPhone of a pair we had in awhile back.
    [​IMG]