Fender lets go 300 employees

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I used to not like fenders when I was a kid cause I never had the money to buy a nice guitar. and I like metal and just associated fender with that twangy tele pickup sound…. Man was I stupid

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing is really prohibited, there's just more accountability as far as labeling, storage, and discarding excess materials. Everything needs to be accounted for.

I don't think anyone sprays more nitro or poly in this country than FMIC does in California.
WELCOME to CALIFORNIA!
WARNING: The State of California can expose you to hundreds of chemicals, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

Matt08642

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just pray the quality doesn't drop. My only lengthy experience with Fender has been my Player Strat (MIM, so probably unaffected by these layoffs), but it's easily on par with my MIJ Ibanez stuff. The American Strats I've played in stores (despite that patented Store Setup™ with 3mm action, neck bow, rusty strings and maybe a broken switch tip or loose pot as the icing on the cake) have also all been really nice feeling.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
WELCOME to CALIFORNIA!
WARNING: The State of California can expose you to hundreds of chemicals, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

Its true, this sign is on the I-10 in Blythe.

ellengtrgrl

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
WELCOME to CALIFORNIA!

Ah yes...... California's answer to the EU's RoHS (which is like Proposition 65, but predates it by a number of years) - but with even more hazardous substances on its list. Anybody want to add Conflict metals & substances declarations (these are metals and substances sourced from war torn countries like the Congo) to the mix? ;) I get to deal with this stuff as a part of my job (I'm a Quality Engineer).

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
1659931878524.png

It's insane that this sticker (or one like it) is literally on every door of every building in California....kinda defeats the purpose. It is particularly frustrating when people come into your building and ask what harmful chemicals are in the building....and the best you can do is shrug and tell them if they're concerned the best thing they can do is hurry up and do what they came to do and then retreat somewhere safe