Fender Acoustasonic

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by c7spheres, Sep 19, 2020.

1. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

The point still stands.

There's nothing more complex in there than tons of guitar effects and amps that have been around for decades and folks work on those regularly.

These seem to be selling very well and Fender is pushing them out in quantity, so I don't see replacement parts being scarce in the immediate future.

If you're terrified about replacement parts they could stop building anything tomorrow, don't worry about it, it's just guitars.

Acme, Masoo2 and c7spheres like this.
  2. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

how loud is the guitar in a room? Loud enough to sing along with or like strumming a unplugged electric?

3. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

For those scoffing at the price: Fender built (and then expanded) an entire new offshoot of the Custom Shop area of their USA factory to build these, and all the woodworking for them is still done in the Custom Shop alongside the usual CS models. These aren't going to be cheap, and that shouldn't surprise anyone. You aren't going to get a CS-quality fender for $1500 or whatever it is people think these should be selling for.

Source for the factory/woodworking info:

Should be timestamped, but if it isn't, the Acoustasonic production tour starts at ~45:50.

c7spheres likes this.
  4. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Now the price makes sense. The fact they had to hire extra people and build out a new part in the factory just for them as part of the custom shop makes the price go up obviously. They should, like, say that or something. Then it would make sense and probably help them sell even more of them. I still ahve no faith in the PCB though : )