Fear Factory - Aggression Continuum

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by sonoftheoldnorth, Sep 11, 2020.

1. BrailleDecibel

BrailleDecibel Dinkleberg

As a FF fan since '98, this is some sad shit to see...band in shambles, if it even exists at all after this, pretty much has been pure disappointment for me since "Mechanize", and all of the ridiculous drama and infighting over the years...they were a huge influence on my playing/writing style, and it saddens me to see What Will Become of this band (sorry, I had to).

duffbeer33 likes this.
  2. Bogner

Bogner Rock N' Roll Machine

It was never about being legal. it was about being moral and having a little dignity and self respect. The suckers who donated are just that.

Spaced Out Ace and Zhysick like this.
  3. sirbuh

sirbuh SS.org Regular

i for one didnt see a thread about ff turning into a back door argument about the supposed entitled nature of society. good grief 2020.

Dwellingers, Demiurge, Ralyks and 2 others like this.
  4. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Don’t feed the troll, folks.

Anyway, after hearing the new Ascension of the Watchers track, if I can still get this after what appears to be Fear Factorys demise (after nearly 20 years of breaking up), we will, it was a good run while it lasted.

sirbuh likes this.
  5. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

For a second I thought I was in the Wintersun thread again.

6. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

I just listened to that new Ascension of the Watchers track last night, and i thought it was amazing. I liked it more than anything FF have put out for years.

Ralyks likes this.
  7. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Discussion of crowdfunding can get that way. It has been around for a long time now and I still haven't decided how I feel about it. When it works, it's an awesome story; when it doesn't, it can be a perfect shitstorm of entitlement and irresponsibility.

JimF and sirbuh like this.
  8. Splenetic

Splenetic SS.org Regular

I think y'all are forgetting that under the surface they're not machines.

Ralyks, nikt and sirbuh like this.
  9. soul_lip_mike

soul_lip_mike SS.org Regular

This thread made me go back to listen to some Demanufacture. God damn I forgot how good that album is.

zappatton2, Kaura, Ralyks and 2 others like this.
  10. leechmasterargentina

leechmasterargentina Leandro

Sad to see this. I think Dino should just leave FF behind and start something new. I don't forget that FF started going downhill after Dino and Burton had differences between them and Dino left the band. I wondered how they could have gone back together after what had happened in the past. Now I see that all remains the same. And I say this after having been a big fan of them, having traveled 1200 km on a bus to go see them live. It's ok to try to release a record after all was stuck because of the lawsuit. But trying to release it when one of the members (Burton in this case) disagrees with the methods or whatever, sounds like poor or no communication between them at all. I even wonder if Nuclear Blast is even willing to release the record of a band that one member acuses the other of scamming fans, and that probably won't tour anytime soon not only because of the pandemic, but also for this kind of disagreements between the members.

Sometimes is better not to force things, like an unfinished record when there's bad blood between members. If it gets released, sure I'll give it a listen on Spotify, but that's it. Sadly, if it's going to be a 1-man band when there were 4 members, he should start over and name it different.

Zhysick and Veldar like this.
  11. Quiet Coil

Quiet Coil Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.

What’s less cringey - moving forward as
    “Dino Cazares’
    FEAR FACTORY”
    or
    Just going solo?

As a long time fan (Demanufacture and Obsolete tattoos and all) those are about the only two ways I could respect him as an artist anymore. All the best to the guy - my favored techniques owe him plenty - but yeah.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  12. Ralyks

As much as I respect Dino as a guitarist (and one of the reasons I got into 7 strings)...... But maybe it's time to go bring back Divine Heresy and just let Fear Factory finally die.

13. SDMFVan

SDMFVan SS.org Regular

It's interesting to me that Nuclear Blast haven't said anything about this since all the drama with the GoFundMe started. If what Dino is saying is true and this is about raising the necessary funds to fix a subpar album NB could confirm that info and most of the speculation would go away. Even Andy Sneap or someone else who is supposedly working on mixing/mastering could chime in and back Dino up, but it's radio silence.

It's also shady that Dino went the GoFundMe route and not something like Kickstarter or Indiegogo or even Bandcamp. People making a donation to get this album finished shouldn't have to then go out and buy a copy of the album. GoFundMe also makes it way easier for this album to never be released or at least released in the fashion Dino's promising.

Spaced Out Ace and DeathbyDesign like this.
  14. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

The label and contractors (possibly) working on the album are smart enough to stay out of this. :2c:

15. Wildebeest

Wildebeest SS.org Regular

It's all about the he-says, she-says bullfish

16. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Dino says he's got an interview with Metalsucks coming out that'll explain a lot of stuff.

It's gonna be... interesting.

17. Ralyks

Sigh. Of course Metalsucks...

18. Lax

Lax SS.org Regular

All of this because they didn't fire the singer soon enough :D
    I'm half kidding because if you read the band's wiki, the drama level is laughable.

Don't get me wrong, demanufacture changed my life, I still listen to it, and even remember it being carmageddon's OST :D
    So I love fear factory and most of their songs.

It's just funnily packed in nonsense :
    -I think they could have changed singer as soon as they heard him live (I can't find a bearable youtube live video), I don't think it would have endangered the deepness of their lyrics writing style
    -The story of cazares recording the bass instead of the bassist because the guy couldn't play his parts tightly enough...Come on !
    -The major that releases old demos and songs in 2002 just to make a little money...LoL shock to the system
    -The singer saying several times he don't want to participate to aggressive lyrics and singing anymore, how could he just be at the wrong place that much XD

I could go on and on, but sometimes the pleasure is as big as the drama.

FF is dead, long live FF

Zhysick likes this.
  19. leechmasterargentina

leechmasterargentina Leandro

As regards to Dino recording the bass parts, that happened in their debut album, 'Soul Of A New Machine'. I'm not going to whine about because me and my former band did the same when we finally understood the bassist was going to ruin the record if we let him in the studio. I recorded the bass as well :D

20. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

He had some Divine Heresy money too.