Favorite ownhammer and ML lab ir packs?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by vejichan, Oct 26, 2019.

1. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

which ir packs from ownhammer and ML labs do you guys use the most?

2. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

Heavy Hitters and Mega OS

3. noise in my mind

noise in my mind SS.org Regular

I like the ownhammer bogner cab

4. newamerikangospel

newamerikangospel Tonight.......you

Assuming you don't own any ml sound lab stuff now, the "free" version of Mikko is the Mesa cab pack and is immensely powerful (especially for a free product).

5. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

Are there any limitations to the free version of MIKKO ? I mean can I actually just use it as is for recording etc? I understand buying the license will enable alot of features but is thte free version usable?

6. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

Are both of those packs from ownhammer and specific from those packs that you like?

7. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Heavy Hitters is Ownhammer pack and Mega OS is from ML Sound Lab. I have both and like Heavy Hitters Vol. I a little more than Vol. II. ML Sound Lab is little bit different but in terms of tone very much in the same ball park. ML Sound Lab packs are all great, but for metal stuff I would recommend Boaner, Mega OS, Zila, or Freeman. Boaner and Mega OS are bit on the darker side, Boaner having the most amount of lows. Zila is kind of in the middle, quite a lot of upper frequencies and distinct resonance the Zilla cabs have. Freeman is very Marshall sounding and maybe tightest from all of these. Oh, and ML has new Orange 4x12" if you're into Orange cabs.

What I usually think from these IR-makers thah Mikko is really good at capturing a tone of an individual guitar cabinet and speaker, they sound more interesting in a weird way when compared to Ownhammer. OH sounds sometimes too clean and similar to each other, and you have to search from tons of IR's because their packs are huge, but their A1-picks and quick-start folders are really helpful for finding good results. Really a matter of taste and I tend to use both with my Atomic Amplifire, or Neural DSP and Mercuriall plugins.

One of the best examples of ML Sound Lab IR's I found.

8. newamerikangospel

newamerikangospel Tonight.......you

Yes, its totally usable. Lots of mic options too, and each section of the digital "speaker" is one of four speakers impulsed (12-3 is one speaker, 3-6 is another, etc)

9. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

So to clarify you mean the free mikko is totally usable as is? Of course buying mikko will unlock more options and cabs

10. Ericjutsu

Ericjutsu SS.org Regular

yep, it's just a stripped down version. It doesn't cut out or anything stupid like that.

11. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

Thanks. So the free MIKKO can be used as an extra ir option. I am trying different irs